• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I pick what screen dialog boxes open on?!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this is driving me absolutely insane so please can someone help. I have plugged a monitor into my macbook and whilst using photoshop on the monitor all the dialog boxes open on the laptop screen instead of the monitor?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Instead of dragging the application to your second monitor, which will result in what you have already discovered.use the Spaces feature to determine which monitor the app will be viewed on. You can do this in the Dock by righ-clicking on the PS icon and choosing which spaces it will work in. You may also need to adjust your Spaces preferences.

this way dialogs should stay with the application.

hope this helps,

Angie Taylor | http://www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you not displaying the same thing one both displays.  Photoshop will open dialogs one the display you last closed it on.  So If it open ib you laptop display drag it to the external display and close the dialog there,  The open the dialog again see  where it opens.  Now if you close Photoshop that way. Detach the external display Open Photoshop and open the dialog you may have a  problem if the externals display is not attached.   Multiple Display support requires you to do some positioning and take time to get user to.  Setting up workspaces can help some you can positions pallets for different display configurations.   Where Dialogs open may be unpredictable if you use different display configurations.   Current CC Adobe UI scaling also has issues an will scale all displays.  Scaled Dialogs my not fit on some displays scaled 2x.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I had realised closing the dialogs dictates what screen the next open on  I just really want a way to just ensure all dialogues open on the screen photoshop is maximised on if possible as I use several different screens as second monitors and don't want to have to create new workspaces every time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of dragging the application to your second monitor, which will result in what you have already discovered.use the Spaces feature to determine which monitor the app will be viewed on. You can do this in the Dock by righ-clicking on the PS icon and choosing which spaces it will work in. You may also need to adjust your Spaces preferences.

this way dialogs should stay with the application.

hope this helps,

Angie Taylor | http://www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much thats worked for me .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines