Exit

Again the yellowish background issue...

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Sorry English is not my language.

For a few days now, Adobe color management has changed (note : I am not sure but I TNINK it's dated from a very recent update for both Photoshop and Lightroom that might have changed something, setting or something else ? I don't use those on a daily basis so I can't tell for sure)

Please note I have the issue with both Photoshop and Lightroom. I haven't changed ANYTHING on my computer (graphics, settings, devices, monitor...).

The problem is quite "famous" but I'll describe it shortly : when opening a new blank file, white background in Photoshop, thebackground looks yellowish instead of white. All menus and other white stuff is white, only the image isn't.

Same with Lightroom : I just imported a bunch of pictures and they ALL look yellowish. see this set of examples : the background sky was perfectly blue with a bit of orange sunset : now it appears greenish and yellowish.

Sans-titre-1---.jpg

I tried all the stuff I could find on Google (videos and everything...) to solve this :

- uninstall monitor in device manager

- change the settings in colors management in Photoshop (here are my actual settings - sorry it's in French) :

Sans-titre---1.jpg

- change the windows color management options so that it used my personnal ICC profile

Nothing has changed.

Please note also it's not about exporting files.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Do not set your monitor profile as working RGB. Ever.

Do not set color management policies to "off". Ever.

Neither fixes anything, but conceals the real problem by disabling display color management altogether. Set everything under color settings back to defaults.

The problem here is a faulty display profile, not the document profile or any policies for handling document profiles. Those two are very different things. You probably got this bad display profile through Windows Update. Samsung is notor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not set your monitor profile as working RGB. Ever.

Do not set color management policies to "off". Ever.

Neither fixes anything, but conceals the real problem by disabling display color management altogether. Set everything under color settings back to defaults.

The problem here is a faulty display profile, not the document profile or any policies for handling document profiles. Those two are very different things. You probably got this bad display profile through Windows Update. Samsung is notorious for this. Their profiles should be avoided like the plague.

The real fix is to make a new profile with a calibrator, but if you don't have one, use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for now. If your monitor is a wide gamut model, use Adobe RGB.

Displayprofile_10_2.png

Relaunch the application when done, it needs to load the new profile at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked ! Thank you very much.

I might have messed up the colour management policies in photoshop a bit, see my picture above... Could you hint at what I should change from this ?

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The main thing is that you have color management policies set to "preserve embedded profiles". This is important, any other setting really requires that you know what you're doing and are aware of the consequences. Not that I can think of many scenarios where they might be useful.

With "preserve embedded", the document's color profile will always be correctly treated.

As for working space, it's really just a fallback default for new files. With the above setting, incoming profiles will always override it. The problem is that if you set it to Monitor RGB, it will automatically change policies to "off", because that's the only way it makes sense to use it. So the incoming profile won't override it as it should (in fact it will be discarded altogether).

Set working RGB to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 until you have more experience. There are good reasons for using larger color spaces like Adobe RGB, but again - that carries implications that you need to be aware of and take into consideration. sRGB is always safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines