• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my brush tool is not working with any of my actions, any ideas?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I can't get my brush tool to work with any of my actions, such as silky brush tool, or color boost tool, it won't work on any of them. The brush tool works fine outside of actions though. All I know is that I'm getting very frustrated. Has anyone had to deal with this and did you find a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or InDesign or Illustrator or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to Photoshop forum (based on Photoshop in the tag data)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact application are you using?

I am aware of no Tool called »color boost tool« in Photoshop.

In Photoshop proper one has to activate »Allow Tool Recording« in the Actions Panel’s flout menu to be able to record Brush strokes.

But in my experience this feature is best avoided as the recording does not actually seem to include the complete Brush settings, so if one records with a 100pxØ Brush, changes to 10pxØ and plays the Action the 10pxØ will be used.

To ascertain the settings being included properly one could use Tool Presets, I guess, though.

What are you trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was referring to the actions in Photoshop, what is puzzling though, some of my actions (one's that I was using on a regular basis) no longer work with the brush too when other actions that aren't used as often are working. I was able to get my work done but it sure was frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines