• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reading aloud does not work

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to let Acrobat DC read aloud some PDF files (neither on my iMmac 2015 retina nor ON my I5 core Windows 10). Any other sound application works fine on both decices - but when strictly following the insctruction  I the reading does not start, is interuppted or does not have any sound at all. I browsed the subject thoroughly in all available forums but did not find any solution that works on my systems - why ever?! I also uninstalled, installed anew and repaired the app without any success...

Do you have any suggestions?

ThomasB

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomasb,

As per the description above, the Read Out Loud is not working, Is that correct?

Please try the troubleshooting steps in the following thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2252795

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand Sri,

unfortunately I use the German version of Acrobat DC

running Mac OS Sierra (newest update) and I don't see any 'Enable Protected mode at start up'.

There is no startup hint anywhere (I searched in all security relevant places).

Could you tell me wether that is applicable under MacOS and where I can find it?

Maybe there is lingering a solution 😉

Thanks in advance

ThomasB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thomasb,

Disabling the Protected mode is only for testing purpose, Disabling protected mode will reduce the security. 
Please enable it back.

Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > Enable/Disable Protected Mode at startup. But this feature is not available in Mac.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines