• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Brush Sizes Not Working Properly

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem where I size up my brush, but about halfway through the brush size preview starts to get smaller again, except this middle part which stays about the same size and is faded in the background. The actual brush itself gets smaller too, I cannot get it to be bigger than 150px or so. I would like it so I can make my brush size bigger to the fill 3,000 px size. I've attached a screenshot which shows this too. I don't think this is normal and I know it sounds weird, but if any of you know a fix to the problem, I would appreciate that very much. I have a 2012 Mac Mini running MacOS Sierra with Photoshop CC 2017. Let me know if you still need any clarifications.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 5.17.07 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have "Dual Brush" checked for some reason and it isn't the default.

Reset your Brush Tool and see if that helps. Ctrl or right click on the Brush Tool icon in the Option Bar and choose "Reset Tool."

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 10.46.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. That's strange, I do not ever remember checking that. Could it be the default on a specific brush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use brushes as much, but I know that option has to be manually selected. Do you allow others to use Photoshop?

Anyway a reset is the quick way out if you are not sure what settings were bumped.

If that answer has fixed your problem, take a few seconds to mark it as "Correct."

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you very much. I am the only one who uses my copy of Photoshop. Is there a way I could uncheck "Dual Brush" without resetting the tool? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can simply uncheck it. You may notice that your brush selections dim out, so be sure to click on "Brush Tip Shape" to deselect

Dual Brush options.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 5.24.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it still doesn't seem to be working as I would like, but at this point I think it is the way the brush is supposed to be. All of the brushes are working perfectly fine except one bundle that I purchased. When I click on Reset Tool, it gets me out of dual brush mode and selects another brush, but when I go back to that brush that wasn't working properly, it goes back to dual brush mode right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then that goes from Photoshop to whoever you purchased this brush set from. You'll need to contact them for advice. I could guess, but not knowing exactly what the designer did, it would likely not help.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... okay. It was from an illustrator named Draw with Jazza, I bought them off his website. I'll try to get help over there. Thanks so much for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.

You have to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KakaoTalk_20191119_005428380.png

Check the red area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines