Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Hang

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am Rabi Das, working with Thomson Reuters as a Graphic designer, Now a days there have a issue with Photoshop CC 2017, it is hanging any time when I use it, even I can't close it from task manager as well, and if I leave it for some time without touching anything in my system, it is going to hang my system. Could you please help me, how it can be solved.

Best Regards

rabi das

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, but still having the same problem. Trying to close it from task manager, but not able to do this as well.task manager.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe your pc needs some improvement if not :

try to adjust this bar form Preferences Menu to the lowest value if its worked out increase it to the fastest value according to your PC  

Untitled-1 copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is your pc specification ?

is this the first time you install Photoshop on it ?

maybe i can help if you answer this questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dzinar,

It is my laptop i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 2.6GHz, 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi rabid46547926

hmmmmm, your pc is good thats happend to me once and i solve it buy re installing video card driver

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is it required Video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not required external Video card your laptop have built in video card just re install the driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud you please share with me the process how to reinstall the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure first you have to know what is the manufacturer and model of the video card see video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltZvBCm6mQA

How to check graphics card memory in Windows 7, Vistas & 8 - YouTube

then :

type the video card name and model on google then " latest update "
just follow the steps of installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rabid, does this laptop have dual video adapters? That is well known to cause problems. Photoshop can only work with one video card. If there are two, you need to disable one of them, so that Photoshop knows which one to work with.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

"Multiple graphics cards with conflicting drivers can cause problems with graphics processor accelerated features in Photoshop."

"If you have to use more than one graphics card, make sure that they are the same make and model. Otherwise, crashes and other problems can occur in Photoshop."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and there was a post up there recommending to push memory allocation all the way up.

You should never, ever do that! Always leave a couple of GB.

Other applications need to use that memory too, as well as some OS processes that run outside the system reserved address space. Even Photoshop plugins, such as ACR, require memory outside the PS allocation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks D Fosse,

I have only one drive C, where 87GB is free, I think it is enough for the PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines