• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fit on screen

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did something to change the way "fit on screen" behaves.  So, for example, I have opened an image that is 8.02 high.  When I press cmd+0, there's an inch of gray above and below the image and the ruler on the left runs from -1 to 9.  How do I convince "fit on screen" to produce an image with a ruler that runs from 0 to the height of the image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Hi

You mention the height - is the width expanded as you expect? Except for one case, where the aspect ratio of the image exactly matches the window, fit on screen will zoom the image to fit the width or the height, whichever reaches the edges first - leaving blank bars at the top and bottom  or at the sides.  It has to do this otherwise it would either distort the image or zoom in further and parts would be hidden.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You mention the height - is the width expanded as you expect? Except for one case, where the aspect ratio of the image exactly matches the window, fit on screen will zoom the image to fit the width or the height, whichever reaches the edges first - leaving blank bars at the top and bottom  or at the sides.  It has to do this otherwise it would either distort the image or zoom in further and parts would be hidden.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since a re-intall of PS, I'm having the same issue. The image is properly proportioned, but is not filling the workspace in height or width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines