• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To import UI kits

Advisor ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import UI kits to extend what is already available in the Open UI Kit --> UI Kits in the left menu?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Hi perrybrus,

Is this what you are looking for? Custom UI Kits – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Please vote for this feature request, or look up similar ones on the site. If you don't find any, create a new feature request.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi perrybrus,

Is this what you are looking for? Custom UI Kits – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Please vote for this feature request, or look up similar ones on the site. If you don't find any, create a new feature request.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Partly. I guess what I'm saying here is that it would be great  to be able to implement UI kits and then get access to those via the left menu. I picked up a site that had UI kits for Xd but I can't really see how to utilize that as its not possible to implement those. Are they meant to be Xd project files? In PS you have brushes and custom shapes integrated into the respective palettes so to speak, but in Xd I can't really see how UI kits are possible to implement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely upvote for the idea that Preran posted to you. The UI Kits in the products are simply XD files that are available from the menu.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I'm not sure if I understand what your saying. "The UI Kits in the products are simply XD files that are available from the menu." But it's not. The UI kits for download are Xd projects - right? Can't see any of them integrated in the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct perrybrus. I have been learning the software over the past day, and in all of the tutorials I have seen the ui kits seem to open akin to a project file. However in my version, which I downloaded like two days ago, I have to find the xd project file like any other file and have it open to copy and paste elements into whatever I am working on. Kind of annoying, so I will be looking for a "library" function in the feature requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. The tutorials you're reading are out of date, as this was changed in our August release.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not clear. It seems you're saying that the ability to import UI kits was added in August but I don't see any indication of this in the rest of the thread....

So is it possible or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the speed of XD development it's gonna be available in 2026. First there's an impressive amount of old bugs on that bug report list to fix. Especially in the Windows version of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is it correct that there is no way to load the Kit into Xd - you just have it as an open file and then you copy and paste from it?

-thanks Beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that's right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow that honestly makes me not want to use XD. ive been hoping for a mockup solution from adobe for years now, but this is not the real deal. please improve guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed. i just started poking into it today. seems the only advantage over something like illustrator is the faux linking from artboard to artboard. otherwise, i am all over illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines