• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts do not work in Adobe Photoshop CC even after troubleshooting all steps listed on the help page

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

My keyboard shortcuts do not work in Adobe Photoshop CC. This is very strange because I installed Photoshop after a clean install of Windows 10.
Keyboards shortcuts work fine in all other software. Even other adobe apps like After Effects for instance.

Strange is also that when I try to custom edit the hotkey shortcuts, for instance change ''CTRL-Z'' to ''P'' I cannot do that. It doesn't register the key at all. They keys that it does register are ENTER and SPACE.

I went through the following:
- Resetting the Photoshop preference file.

- Reinstalling Photoshop
- Installing a lower version like CS6 (The problem was here aswell).
- Quit all other applications
- Start from windows safe mode
- Delete the wacom driver.

I don't know what I should do next. Any solution?

Thanks,
Vincent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Hi Vincent,

Could you please let us know where have you installed Photoshop? is it on Network drive or local drive in your computer?

Also, you can try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps: Keyboard shortcuts stop working in Photoshop

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vincent,

Could you please let us know where have you installed Photoshop? is it on Network drive or local drive in your computer?

Also, you can try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps: Keyboard shortcuts stop working in Photoshop

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines