• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer data from PC (version 11 elements) to PC (version 15 elements)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a new PC that has Adobe Photoshop Elements (version 15) and Adobe Premiere Elements (version 15) included on the PC (running Windows 10.  I have downloaded the new Adobe software from the cloud and it is installed and running on the new PC.

I now want to transfer my previous pictures/media from my old PC (running Windows 7 and Adobe Photoshop Elements version 11) to the new PC.  I can copy the data using an external hard drive, but want to keep all of the IDs (dates, people, places, events) that have been associated with the pictures/media.

I am just beginning to research how to do this with no/minimal loss of identications.  I know nothing about the "Creative Cloud" or how it fits into this migration.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Start in Organizer on the old PC and use the built in backup and restore feature. Your catalog and all media files will be copied. The link below covers all versions of PSE from v6 onwards.

Move Elements Organizer catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start in Organizer on the old PC and use the built in backup and restore feature. Your catalog and all media files will be copied. The link below covers all versions of PSE from v6 onwards.

Move Elements Organizer catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the info, it worked...a second question - after copying the pictures from PC to PC, do I have the ability to move folders/folder names to different locations/names without losing the Photoshop location (without the ? mark appearing on pictures that are no longer in the original location)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is OK to move within Organizer. Don’t use your operating system or you will break the file links and end up with missing files. Say you want to move from one folder to another; choose the folder tree view in the left hand panel. Go to your source folder and use Ctrl+A to select all and then drag to the folder you wish to store them in. The destination folder should highlight and you then release the mouse to drop. Alternative you can select images and use the menu:

File >> Move

Then click the browse button to select the destination folder and choose the displayed images to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your help with Adobe Elements...I was able to move my files from the folder location where I "moved" them to on the new PC to my desirable folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines