• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d tracker not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 15 sec video that gets stuck in the solving camera stage, takes forever. the app doesn't freeze, only delays. tested same video on other pc and it was done in less than 5 minutes.

My pc (drivers up to date):

i7 3.40 GHz

32 !RAM

nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Win 10

After effects CC 2017.1 (14.1.0.57)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marinfox88,

Can you upload a sample piece of the footage so we can take a look.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This the video, but it happens on every other video

IMG_0864 - Video Dailymotion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marin88,

I would try transcoding the footage to Cineform and see if you get better results.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and tried exporting it as an mxf (Avid DNxHD...) same results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let's be clear. After Effects does not have a 3D tracker, it has a Camera Tracker. The Track Camera function analyzes a scene for fixed geometry and tries to figure out how the camera is moving so it can create a camera in AE that matches the movement, focal length and framing of the camera used for the shot.

Here are some things that foul up camera tracking:

1. Little or no fixed geometry in the scene
  2. Moving items like people or any foreground object that obscure fixed geometry in the scene
  3. Reflections in windows and doors
  4. Water - ponds, lakes, rivers
  5. Highly compressed video

The going down in the elevator shot is vertical and the AE camera will be oriented horizontally so a successful camera solution from this shot is highly unlikely. It also has reflections and a bunch of other "distractions" in the scene that are going to make it very difficult to calculate camera movement. The movement is also non standard so that throws errors in the calculations because a lot of vertical movement and a vertical frame is not what is expected.

Just like anything else in a production workflow, the more you know about the standard practices and the better you plan your shots to take advantages of the strengths of the software, the more likely you are to have a predictable path to a successful visual effects shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your post me face same as problms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well exactly the same footage were tracked in After Effect CS6 (!!!). And guess what - it successfully tracked. If the old version succeed  tracking, how does it possible that the newer version fails? Is that a bug or something?

Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MarinFox,

That is odd. Feel free to file a bug here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marinfox,

Did you ever solve this issue? Still need help?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same bug for me in After Effects Version 14.2.0.198.

Stuck in Solving Camera part.

Is this already somehow resolved?

Thanks,

Hannes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try an older version and see if it works. I'd recommend trying CC 2014 and, if it doesn't work there, try CS6. Remember, your CC subscription includes access to versions as far back as CS6. Here's how to install older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay wtf... i saw this thread because my ae 2015 was failing analysis on a clip, downloaded cs6 and it tracked perfectly. How odd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue today - Teaching a class of 28 students, I showed them the process. It worked perfectly on my laptop, yet the same piece of footage failed on 1/3 of the machines across the lab (some laptops, some desktops).I used a VERY simple dolly forward using a gimbal with no panning. Some machines were CC2015 and others had CC2017. Quite frustrating as the tech always seems to fail on the kids who struggle the most. Again, it worked on around 20 machines, but the other 8 failed to track no matter what we did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly same problem,

same footage try on Windows 10/7 (better Spec than Mac) and Mac.

Windows 10/7 just stuck on Solving Camera.

Mac easily completed the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines