Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AMO Implementation Steps

Level 10

Hi all,

What are the typical AMO Implementation Steps at a high level, with integrating AAM for receiving segments and performing Search, Display and Social advertisements?

I am aware that these are requirements driven, that's why these could be at a high level.

Example:

1. Implement inbound integration with AAM.

2. Set up AdNetworks

3. Creating AMO reports

4. Optimization

5. ..................

Also, kindly indicate who performs each of these, under the following understanding:

Adobe handles most of these tasks, as AMO is offered as a SAS.

Client marketing team does Optimizations, etc, as these are some ongoing activities and these do not need technical skills.

I need to submit my report to my manager this evening and so I would highly appreciate a quick reply.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Tanmay,

My AMO knowledge has taken leaps in the last few days, thanks to your interactions with me.

Kindly add all high level steps in a typical AMO implementation. (You added initial steps.)

Ex: Assuming Tech Support:

1. Setting Objectives (Budgets, etc) - By Client Marketing team.
  2. Running/Managing Campaigns - By Client Marketing team.
  3. Examining the effectiveness of campaigns as against set Objectives - By Client Marketing team.

That way, I would get a very good grip on this product and could visualize its functionality end to end.

I once again appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Rama,

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rama,

AMO implementation and support is offered as

• AMO Managed Service - Refers to the product package that offers full implementation and post-implementation support through an Account Manager
  • Tech Only - Product package that offers implementation services only. After that, the customer contact customer support for any issues.

Once you select a package, the implementation process is pretty smooth and straight forward. A spoc from Adobe also takes care of the whole process of implementation with you.

In general, initial steps go like:

1. Evaluate your  high-level business goals and devise strategies to achieve them

2.  Set up administrative accounts

3.  Integrate with, or create, campaigns for the relevant marketing channels

4.  Set up tracking for all ads for which Media Optimizer will track conversions

5.  Set up and launch portfolios

6.  Set up, and potentially automate, customized reports for performance monitoring

I hope this helps!

Level 10

Hi Tanmay,

This definitely clarifies things a lot.

A few more related queries please:

1. Are these just the initial steps or all steps at a high level?

If any high level high level step is missing, please add.

2. Generally Adobe products are such that after the developers implement the system and hand over, client marketing people will be able to carry out some non technical activities.

For AMO, what are such activities that client side marketing people perform, without depending on IT people?

3. AMO also executes Campaigns just like Adobe Campaign, but the channels are different between these two products.

Pl confirm this understanding of mine.

4. What and how AMO optimizes?

Since it participates in real time bidding, is it the pricing that it optimizes?

Who sets the max price on AMO from client's side from time to time?

5. How does AMO Track conversions?

Who offers the feedback that so and so ad campaign done by AMO resulted in a conversion and which ones did not?

6. What Adobe Marketing Cloud products could serve as inputs (AAM is one) and what as outputs (AA could be one)?

I highly appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Tanmay,

I am aware that these are more number of queries, but I promise that I will not follow up with more questions.

Kindly update me on these asap, as I need to send my report to my manager by EOD today.

I highly appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

Sorry I got caught up.

1. Are these just the initial steps or all steps at a high level? If any high level high level step is missing, please add.

These are the initial steps in setting up AMO.

2. Generally Adobe products are such that after the developers implement the system and hand over, client marketing people will be able to carry out some non technical activities.

For AMO, what are such activities that client side marketing people perform, without depending on IT people?

Depends on the type of license you have. For full service, Adobe will handle all implementation and running the campaigns. For tech only, Adobe will do the implementation and client has to manage the campaigns.

3. AMO also executes Campaigns just like Adobe Campaign, but the channels are different between these two products.

Pl confirm this understanding of mine.

Yes, Campaign executes email campaigns whereas AMO executes search, display and social campaigns.

4. What and how AMO optimizes? Since it participates in real time bidding, is it the pricing that it optimizes? Who sets the max price on AMO from client's side from time to time?

What to optimize depends on your strategy. you have to set objectives and AMO would work accordingly. The budgets would be defined by the clients side usually by the marketing team.

5. How does AMO Track conversions?

Who offers the feedback that so and so ad campaign done by AMO resulted in a conversion and which ones did not?

AMO has its own tracking pixel which works in the similar fashion as the Analytics tracking pixel.

6. What Adobe Marketing Cloud products could serve as inputs (AAM is one) and what as outputs (AA could be one)?

Integrations are available with most of the Marketing cloud products and its feasibility depends on the business use case.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Tanmay,

My AMO knowledge has taken leaps in the last few days, thanks to your interactions with me.

Kindly add all high level steps in a typical AMO implementation. (You added initial steps.)

Ex: Assuming Tech Support:

1. Setting Objectives (Budgets, etc) - By Client Marketing team.
  2. Running/Managing Campaigns - By Client Marketing team.
  3. Examining the effectiveness of campaigns as against set Objectives - By Client Marketing team.

That way, I would get a very good grip on this product and could visualize its functionality end to end.

I once again appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Rama,