• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch , Actions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have a question about batch and actions.

I basically have to do a bunch of actions for a bunch of images. I want to ask if there is a way for me to automatically start a new batch after the old one is finnished. Or is there a way to make some sort og queue for actions or batch.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I basically have to do a bunch of actions for a bunch of images.

Please elaborate.

Or is there a way to make some sort og queue for actions or batch.

I assume Scripting would provide an approach.

Photoshop Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open an example image and start a new action. Be sure the recording mode is on.

Select and play the first action you want to include.

Select and play the second action you want to include.

And so on.

Stop your new action.

In your new action's to-do list you will now see the titles of the included actions.

action-queue.png

Your different actions have to be carefully planned otherwise there may be error messages for missing layers, missing selections and so on.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the original post it is not clear to me whether the different Batches are intended to be applied to the same stack of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with pictures on walls right and i have to make picture that has 7 parts so i have action for each of these 7 parts and i have to apply them to a lot of pictures and for every part i have to have different folder because i use Filename script in these actions. So i use batch to apply action to make part 1 to whole folder of pictures. So what i´am asking is if i can make some sort of queue for batches so after to first batch is finished the second one will automatically start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again: I assume Scripting would provide an approach.

So you may want to ask over on the Photoshop Scripting Forum.

But please provide a clearer and more detailed explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. And sorry for this unclear explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem; should you post on the Scripting Forum please try to describe which Actions you run on each intended Batch, what the naming conventions and target locations for the resulting files are etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i will try to describe it as thoroughly as i can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, you're going to need to use if/else statements to run a script based on whichever image is active.

You can use xbytors amazing scripts to simplify the task - http://ps-scripts.sourceforge.net/xtools.html​. They can transform actions into script form so you can create functions that will run if file is named x or y.

I realise that is a vague explanation, but if you elaborate I 'may' be able to expand more (or more likely, someone much smarter than me will).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have action A, folder 1 and folder 2. I´m appyling action A to all pictures in folder 1 using batch and saving them to folder 2.

Now i have to do around 40 of these "Batches" and only way i know how to do this is to manually start every batch. Every batch lasts like 2 hours. So what i´am asking is if there is a way to make script that would start new batch after the previous one is finished. I don´t know if this will make difference but i use FileName script in my actions .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You want to do something like this:

#target Photoshop

var docRef = app.activeDocument;

var sourceFolder = Folder (docRef.path);

var sourceName = sourceFolder.name;

var parentFolder= Folder (sourceFolder.path);

var parentName = parentFolder.name;

if (parentName == "Folder 1"){

//do action here

}

else if (parentName == "Folder 2"){

// do action here

}

else {

alert ("folder not found");

}

Except replace "//do action here" with the function you create from the xbytor script. There is one called ActionToJavascript, copy everything for each relevant folder copy the correct action script into the right part of the script

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines