• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC pen tool changes

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Width of line when making a K/o's is way too thin. 

I understand that this cannot be changed in preferences.

Anyone else have this concern?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

If it is the increased display resolution that has led to the issue, you may wish to add your voice to the request at the link below:

Pen Tool – Path, visibility and point and handle sizes on 5K Retina Display | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a hard time understanding your problem. Can you elaborate a bit more with screenshots or at the very least detailed steps you are taking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old PS CS3 path tool.jpgNew PS CC 2017 path tool.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those screenshots from the same PC or is the second on a screen with a higher resolution display such as a retina display with smaller pixels?

I have not got CS3 installed but can see no difference in pen line width between CS6 and CC2017 on the same display.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is the increased display resolution that has led to the issue, you may wish to add your voice to the request at the link below:

Pen Tool – Path, visibility and point and handle sizes on 5K Retina Display | Photoshop Family Custo...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that article addressed my issue exactly.  Do you think that Adobe might offer a fix to this anytime soon?

Thanks Dave for your input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same iMac.     but PS CS3 is heavier and imported to the iMac.  I don't know why you cannot see the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesg14816054  I don't know why you cannot see the difference.

Like I said , I could not test with CS3 as the oldest I have installed is CS6. I can see the difference on your screenshot but paths on CS6 and CC2017 look identical on my screen.

Sounds like the best way forward is to join those asking for clearer paths on hires displays using the link I attached.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a hi res display and have the exact same issues as the OP.  Just upgraded from CC2015 to 2017 and the lines have all but disappeared.  I'm going to have to revert back to 2015 because the lines are too thin for me to see to do my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines