• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Markers

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trying to import markers in a Premiere plugin.

I'm using a Premiere Import plugin and an After Effects Effect plugin.

The AEGP_MarkerSuite2 offers a NewMarker API, but it seems that it's not available in Premiere.

The PrSDKMarkerSuite available in Premiere doesn't look to offer any way to create markers.

What's the most straight forward way to import a bunch of markers into Premiere from a plugin?

Thanks

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Feature requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

I'd suggest you save the markers to a text or xml file, import them to Premiere (or pass them from another panek as JSON) and assign them to thei respective clips or sequences. This might help get you started.

Best,

e.d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e.d.  wrote

I'd suggest you save the markers to a text or xml file, import them to Premiere (or pass them from another panek as JSON) and assign them to thei respective clips or sequences. This might help get you started.

The repository structure just changed today to be more application-agnostic. This change broke any link to Premiere.jsx that wasn't to a specific commit version. As this change literally just happened, I'm helping out by providing an updated link. This is what e.d.​ was referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e.d. I've come across the panel approach to import markers.  I'm willing to try and interface a panel to the Import plugin, but I'd like to avoid going down that route.  I'm really hoping there's a way to get the markers in from a native plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely new to Pr Sdk but I really need to develop the same as you. Import a csv or xml file and create markers from the data. Did you have any luck implementing this? Could you point me into some articles/books/repositories to jump start on this? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What 'data' (video) format are you importing, with a PPro plug-in?

Were you to provide the markers as XMP metadata, PPro would import automatically import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bruce,

We use an Import plugin to parse meta data about our recording, then we use an Effect plugin to stitch several jpeg sequences into a single video on the GPU using user controlled parameters, as each frame is stitched we pull it off the GPU and present it to Premiere.

We're in full control of the format, metadata, etc...so if there's a way that we can create XMP metadata that we can pull in with our metadata that would be outstanding.

To answer your question Pablo,

At the moment we're using the ExtendScript panel to import the markers, it's not quite ideal, but it's not terrible either.  If you just need marker importing, then definitely check out the repo that sberic linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, whether this feature has been added already?
Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about now? thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of Premiere plug-in?

What's the entire workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our workflow is currently...

• User records data (and places bookmarks while recording)
  • Recorded data is imported into Premiere using a PP Import plugin
  • Data is rendered using OpenGL in AE Effect plugin
  • User marks in / out and exports segments of video to one of the built in export formats in Premiere.

We have control of the format, so we can access the bookmarks at any time in either of the plugins.

Ideally we'd like to automatically populate the timeline with the user's bookmarks when the session is imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you find anything on it. Have same requirements.
Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There now is a free extension that does the job!

Because Adobe has still not integrated this feature, as of April 2021 (PPro 15.0), I have developed an extension that can import timecode-related information from CSV files and will automatically create markers in the active sequence, based on the CSV data. This tool – I called it Markerbox – helps me save a lot of time, and so I want to make it available to everyone.

Markerbox is currently in beta stage, supporting CSV files from Screenlight.tv, Magix Sequoia and Adobe Premiere Pro, and it offers different options for the import, e.g. rules to color-code markers based on edit names. More formats and features are planned. 

For the next stages, and especially for the support of further CSV file formats, it would be great to get an idea of what you guys actually want to import. Feel free to check out details at markerbox.pro and contact me directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, markerbox would help me out.

when i move the markerbox folder into the extensions folder,

Premiere will no longer function. It freezes.

Remove it again, and premiere is back in action.

Another thing... if it hadn't frozen, what is the next step to using markerbox?

What menu, submenu etc do I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger, this is definitely not a standard problem. It sounds like you will need individual assistance. I don't think this forum is the right place for that. Please contact me directly: http://markerbox.pro/contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded MarkerBox for macOS and installed it according to the instructions. The only sign of correct installation is that it appears under Window Menu> Extensions> Markerbox. Selecting "Markerbox" in the sub-menu doesn't reveal the palette anywhere that i can find it unfortuately. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markerbox

As i'm wanting to get markers in from a spreadsheet file I'd like to know the format of the CSV files (Column names etc). If your plugin exports Premier Pro markers to a CSV file then I can use that as a template.

Also I want to know if I can load markers with both In and Out points. I'm using it to quickly identify cuts my client wants taken out of the sequence rendering I sent her. So having the In And Out points makes it really clear. If i make cuts in my sequence the footage after that cut changes its timecodes accordingly and doesn't match the instructions sent by client on the rendered timecodes. Hope that makes sense!
My spreadsheet column headers look like this ATM (Duration is calcualted not entered manually by my client):
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 7.13.32 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines