• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 topic information

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2008 Nov 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick question; in previous versions of RH, in the topic list, you could see which topics were in the TOC/Index by the little blue or white squares. Has that gone now in RH7? It was such a useful way of seeing which topics were included and it's exactly what I need to do now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008
You're the man, Rick! I guess you've had your caffeine today. And I feel a little sheepish.

I clicked View > Detail View, then View > Topic List Details and OK. Lo and behold, there's my columns.

I'm still not sure how I turned that view off because I sure didn't do it on purpose. Right-clicking also still seems disabled. I can select multiple topics, but I can't get a right-click menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately that functionality has been lost.

You (and others) should alert the development team that it was a useful function and ask for it to be reinstated. You may do that by completing the wish form.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boo rubbish, that feature was sooo useful.

Will certainly fill in a wish form.

Thanks Rick.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't overlook that the Topic List shows whether or not a topic is in a TOC and you can select an additional column that shows which TOC(s).

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can piggyback on this thread, how can I get those columns back in the Topic List if they're missing? I've tried the load default environment option with no dice. I'm not even sure how I lost those columns in the first place.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you just right click the column headings.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have column headings. In the Topic List pod, the list of topics just wraps into columns so that all it shows is topic titles. The only thing I can do with that list is drag the topic titles into the TOC or index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben

Is your Topics List pod really narrow? Or possibly do you have really super long topic names?

As Peter said, you should be able to right-click that area immediately above the list of topics to see a menu where you may enable/disable the columns. The enabled columns should have check marks beside them.

What about a scroll bar? Is there a scroll bar at the bottom of the pod? If so, can you scroll it as far right as you can go? And if you do that, are you then able to drag the column splitter?

Peter, thanks for reminding us about that. I neglected to mention it. My bad. But I do still sorely miss the color coding. I really did like that feature!

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pod is very wide, and the topic names are fairly short. I can scroll to the right, but only to see the topic names wrap into more columns. It's as if the pod just isn't registering the fact that there should be more than just the topic names listed.

Peter had me try the environments he has on his site, but even when I loaded each one, no matter where the Topic List appeared, I had no other columns and couldn't get them to appear.

I opened the .rhs files, but they contain code that I wouldn't be able to comfortably navigate. And the fact that no matter what layout I use, the Topic List is broken, suggests that the problem is outside the layouts themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Send me a screenshot when you have my standard flyout layout installed.

Also, is this just one project or any project? If the latter, create a new project with one topic, zip it up and send that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter was thinking that I had "List View" enabled instead of "Detail View," and to switch between them, you just have to right-click in the Topic List pod and click the view you want. Could be totally correct. For some reason, however, right-click is completely dead in that pod. Right-clicking is fine in every other pod. I have user-defined variables as a tab with the topic list pod, and right-clicking even works there.

Since this points to a bigger problem, I tried uninstalling the patches and then repairing RH7, with no luck. So I uninstalled RH7 and reinstalled it. No luck. Reinstalled the patches. Still no good, even with different environments loaded.

I'm stumped. I think I'm just going to have to live with the fact that right-clicking is dead and gone in my Topic List pod, at least in RH7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ben

Have you tried clicking View > Topic List Details? If you can do this, you should be able to adjust the width of columns with the dialog as well as decide which columns are visible or not.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the 'View > Topic List Details' info. I had the same view as Ben and thought that was all there was!

Brilliant - can now get on.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I hadn't tried that. But that option is grayed out. I'm glad it's working for Helen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ben

That option only seems to be available if you have the check mark beside "Details View". Are you able to choose that?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the man, Rick! I guess you've had your caffeine today. And I feel a little sheepish.

I clicked View > Detail View, then View > Topic List Details and OK. Lo and behold, there's my columns.

I'm still not sure how I turned that view off because I sure didn't do it on purpose. Right-clicking also still seems disabled. I can select multiple topics, but I can't get a right-click menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can't right click either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold on, I can right click now! Although I have no idea how as I haven't knowingly changed anything. Sorry that's not terribly helpful is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah HA! I can now, too. Once I closed RH and restarted it, I got the right-click menus.

Helen, would you flag one of the replies as the answer? Your pick, since it's your thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tis done! Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!

...and Tiny Tim said... God bless us... each and every one!

I love it when things end well... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite. There is a bug. Here's the full solution for now. This explains how invoke the bug and how to get out of it.

With Topic List set to the Details View, right click and change to Lists View. At this point the context menu will still work.

Close RH and reopen it. Now in Lists View the context menu will not work.

Go to View | Details View and you will get a blank topic list.

You now have to go to Topic List Details and select the columns you want.

At this point, right clicking will simply invoke the columns menu.

Close and open RH again and all is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do you set the View to List view and Keep the ability to right click? This work-around/fix does work if you want to stay in Detail view; I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've spelled out the options. What you want is not possible because of the bug. Whilst Adobe are aware of it, the more people who report it, the higher the priority assigned.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp