Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat PRO XI Problem: Error 16 and reinstallation doesn't help

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone:

This is my first appearance on the Adobe community forums.
I have been using Adobe Acrobat PRO XI on my laptop since 2014. Lately, when I double-click on the Acrobat icon, a window pops up and states, "Configuration Error. Please uninstall and reinstall the product. If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe Technical support for help, and mention the error code."
​The error code is, "Error 16." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product numerous times. The problem does not go away, my reason for posting this message.
​I would appreciate advice on my situation as to how I can solve my problem.
​Thank you.  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

As you have mentioned above, you get the "Error 16"  when you try to open the application.

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided here: Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud

Also, make sure that the application is updated to the latest patch released.

Let us know how it goes.

If you still experience the issue, let us know.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello:

Thank you for your reply.

I performed the troubleshooting solution that you recommended in your post. Everything went well for the Adobe PCD file.

However, I did run into a problem for the Adobe SLStore file. Under the securities tab, I clicked on, "Advanced." In the advanced window, I put a check mark in the box next to, "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries with this object." I then clicked on, "Apply." This brought the following error window:

"Error Applying Security

An error occurred while applying security information to:

C:/Program Data/Adobe/SLStore/474238269.lic

Failed to enumerate objects in the container.

Access is denied."

Hence, I was not able to replace child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries.

As of present, the problem is still there.

However, I am able to open Acrobat if I select, "Run as administrator." By doing that Acrobat will open and it will function normally. I was also able to update the program after selecting, "Run as administrator."

Although the initial problem has slightly improved after the update to the program, the problem is still there.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines