Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player is Enabled but Adobe says it is Disabled

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been having a problem ever since windows 10 downloaded the most recent windows 10 creators update. On one of my programs that I do, it gives me an error message that says this

Your device can't view this content

The instructional content is either not supported or the appropriate plug-in is not installed. Please install the plug-in or view the content from a supported device to ensure you have reviewed all instructional material.

This has never happened to me before. I saw this as a windows problem so I had tech support from windows team controlling my computer and they opened up internet explorer and it worked fine. They said that for some reason, my adobe flash player is not working. I enabled it and disabled several times and it says that it is enabled. I know it is because I get flash player messages saying that I need to unblock a page. Then when I go into Adobes page and test my flash player, it says that it is disabled. I have tried all the trouble shooting stuff and nothing works. I have an RCA Cambio 2 in 1 tablet. I run windows 10 the newest version, and my adobe flash player version is 25.0.0.127 and I use Microsoft edge as my browser. Is there any way that I can either update the flash player to the newest version because internet explorer has the newest version but edge doesn't or can I find a setting in my control panel to enable it?

Thank you,

Alicia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying Edge has 25.0.0.127 and IE has a different version?  If so, what version does IE have?

Note that Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge browsers and both should have the same version.  If you're seeing two different versions something went wrong with Windows Update when Windows was installing the Flash Player update (KB4018483).  In this case, this is a Microsoft issue, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they are the same version. That is why I was confused because they are the same version but yet only one of them works when it wants to. When I am on edge, I know that adobe is enabled because I still get messages from it. And then Adobe tells me that it is disabled. Can I like go into the control panel and do something about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-read "Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge browsers" which means that YOU may do nothing that Microsoft does not allow

You need to search Microsoft – Official Home Page to find help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I like go into the control panel and do something about this?

No.

Have you tried contacting the content developers?  It's quite possible something changed in the Windows 10 Creators update that they are not handling correctly, thus preventing Flash from displaying.  You can also try Compatibility View, Understanding the Compatibility view list (Windows)​, and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problem. I don't know how long it has been since I actually used the flash player. I am trying to access cox.net live TV. I'm using 64-bit windows 10 on Microsoft edge browser. When I test the flash player the computer tells me it is disabled on adobe website but in my edge setting it is enabled. The computer also told me windows 10 comes equipped with adobe flash player and no need to install it.I tried a trick I learn in the past when a program is acting up, I went into control panel and uninstalled the flash player and reinstalled it. still same thing. I have tried troubleshooting and tried relentlessly to get a contact number for customer service so I can get a live person to help me. I guess adobe doesn't have a customer service phone number or even call back feature. I'm wondering if I should try the flash player that is in my internet explorer browser and see if it will work in edge. Hopimg for a speedy reply and lots of suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's me again still trying to solve this issue. after I couldn't reach anyone from adobe I called Microsoft customer service and gained a call back but it wasn't much help. she said adobe flash player must not be compatible with Microsoft edge browswer. then why does it tell you that windows 10 comes with adobe flash player installed and no need to install it. I asked if there was another flash player she could recommend and she said they are all 3rd party items and Microsoft can't recommend they be used. wth? My internet  exployer runs something called shockwave flash object. I'm gonna try installing it on edge browser and see if my live TV will play. I feel like I'm running in circles with no one to help me. I hope these messages can help someone else out in the future. I will return to let you know if I got anywhere. A customer service live person from adobe might be able to solve this in an instant but there is no real people available for a phone call. thanks adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shockwave flash object and flash player are the same thing.

The difficulties you are experiencing are due to changes Microsoft implemented on Edge.  Edge blocks Flash Player by default and forces users to manually enable it, per site.  There is no such thing as 'always on' for Flash on Edge anymore.   If there is a 'install flash' or similar text, click on that and the browser should capture the action and prompt you to enable Flash on that site.  See Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing similar issue except on 3 separate devices.. each one says to ensure flash-player is enabled, which when verified via your trouble-shooting procedures is fine but alas nothing works. Specifically having issue's taking online tests for school and random work related online "training". All 3 are running windows 10 and Version 26.0.151 of adobe. Any additional trouble shooting procedures other than turn it off and turn it back on would be appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is going to be with the content (not configured correctly for Edge) or Edge itself.  I recommend contacting the content provider or Microsoft for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines