• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use face Parallax?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to get parallax to work on the face. I have my eyes and nose correctly tagged and the "face" behavior set for each of them. I set parallax to 700% and I am still getting nothing. How does parallax work? Do I just think it is something completely different than it is? It is controlled with the webcam right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Moving to general discussion from FAQ...

From the start panel, open Chloe, and set her Face > Parallax to 500%. Notice how the eyebrows, eyes, and nose move as you look left and right. You don't need to add any additional behaviors or tags, the defaults should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to general discussion from FAQ...

From the start panel, open Chloe, and set her Face > Parallax to 500%. Notice how the eyebrows, eyes, and nose move as you look left and right. You don't need to add any additional behaviors or tags, the defaults should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the mouth does not however move with parallax. Can it be made to move with the other facial features? The mouth not moving destroys the parallax effect.

I wonder how well a "foreshortening" mode would work - as objects get close to the edge of the puppet's face, rather than sliding off the side, they are scaled narrower (scale X is reduced). I tried to put a Transform behavior on an eye but it stopped moving then (no longer obeys parallax movements) - but it gives a hint of what it could feel like.

Basically a human head is round, so as the face turns sideways, things moving towards that edge should be narrower as you are looking at them on an angle.

But the mouth needs to move as well or else it destroys the whole parallax effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why no one has answered you? You are absolutely right about scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I would like to be able to make the mouth move as well.

It looks like the "Leeta" puppet's mouth moves with the parallax, so it must be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I've figured this out -- in the Leeta puppet, the ears and mouth have "head" tags instead of their proper tags. This seems to let them move around with the face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines