• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player on my mac computer

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get access to an ebook, and the publisher sent me the following directions:

To read the ebook, you will need to have Adobe Flash and Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer. Flash is available at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Digital Editions is available at: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/#download. (Please note: iPhone, iPod, and iPad readers: You will NOT need Flash. Please visit the download link on your iOS device in Safari. You will be able to open the ebook from there directly, into the Bluefire Reader app.)

While I was able to download Adobe Digital Editions onto my mac computer, I have not been able to download Adobe Flash Player.  When I try to download it, the "install Adobe Flash Player" runs, but I can't find the program anywhere on my computer.  Has it downloaded?

Thanks.

Neil Maher

[Moved out of the Forum comments forum (which is for issues with these forums themselves) and into a product-specific, support forum by a moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The instructions look good except the addresses should be HTTPS in case browser tries HTTP only. Your download will be at the location set in browser, see options, preferences, settings for "Downloads". See screen image of my browser with arrows pointing to items that I check every time I update. I never download Adobe Flash Player from sites other than Adobe; there are ways to trick people into thinking a fake installer is valid.

Image with checks.AdobeFlashPlayer-example-notes.jpg

neilmaher  wrote

I'm trying to get access to an ebook, and the publisher sent me the following directions:

To read the ebook, you will need to have Adobe Flash and Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer. Flash is available at: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Digital Editions is available at: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/#download. (Please note: iPhone, iPod, and iPad readers: You will NOT need Flash. Please visit the download link on your iOS device in Safari. You will be able to open the ebook from there directly, into the Bluefire Reader app.)

While I was able to download Adobe Digital Editions onto my mac computer, I have not been able to download Adobe Flash Player.  When I try to download it, the "install Adobe Flash Player" runs, but I can't find the program anywhere on my computer.  Has it downloaded?

Thanks.

Neil Maher

[Moved out of the Forum comments forum (which is for issues with these forums themselves) and into a product-specific, support forum by a moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to:

For security reasons, most modern browsers block the Flash Player plugin by default until you specifically enable it for trusted websites in your browser's advanced settings.

For Firefox on any OS, see Enable Flash Player for Firefox.

For Safari on Mac OS, see Enable Flash Player for Safari.

For Google Chrome, see Enable Flash Player for Chrome.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was looking at the Macworld UK and imore sites. I almost disabled javascript & flash due to loading placed on Chrome bowser on iMac -- the mess of ads running flash is the other reason flash gets anger from users. On mobile devices this is not an issue apps are the resource killer.  I have a problem with HTML5 media play because it is a player with less options than Realpayer on win98.

Now that I messed up your day: The adobe uninstaller & adobe install manager from support are the best if mac is 10.6.8 or greater. The versions  used to show how to maintain flash in the offsite links or dated. In case I am wrong this is the version I use:

Adobe-inst-man-26.jpg

Disable warn message on first execute is not handled within adobe flash install. And Safari and Chrome are kinda crazy if, like my production machine, needs to hold at 10.6.8 and Chrome is a nag that i should update - it [google] scans all via its manager.

If somebody needs to update pepper flash they have to patch new version in the framework. Not something people do.

I'm going to miss flash -- 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" When I try to download it, the "install Adobe Flash Player" runs, but I can't find the program anywhere on my computer. "

Flash Player is a browser plugin and only works in the browser.  Launch your browser, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html, and click on the 'Check Now' button.  The widget will report the OS, browser, and installed Flash Player version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines