Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC OAM imported into MUSE not showing in Safari

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having issues with OAMs not showing in Safari. I'm using Safari Version 10.0.1 (10602.2.14.0.7) on a Mac and when I view a MUSE page with an OAM from Animate CC embedded it sometimes does not show when you first land on the page. If you resize the window, or refresh the window sometimes the OAM will appear. Also, it may appear when you land on the page, but if you click away and click back it does not show. I'm using Animate CC 2017.0.1 Release and Muse 2017.0 Release. Everything works fine in both Google Chrome and Firefox.

The link below has a very simple version of the issue to reference. There is an OAM on the Home page. If you use the navigation and click on the Secondary Page tab and then click on the Home page tab sometimes the OAM will not show up. It will on occasion show up if the window is resized or as well on occasion if the page is refreshed.

Home

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Forgot about that bit! It fails to show in Safari until I empty cache, and doing that on iPhone or iPad looks like it would wipe out all web data, which I wouldn't want to do.

The actual Animate part works fine:

badl_tre

It could be worth asking in the Muse forum too, though you might want to not mention Animate, that would just give them something else to blame! Show the link I just gave, and the main link, and only ask about why Safari is blank on a page reload until you clear cache, for the OAM

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out? I'm having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your browser look at the developer tools, and the Console Errors tab in particular. There is most likely an error happening that stops the OAM area from showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any errors anywhere in the developer tools.

I'm pretty new to both Muse and Animate, so I just made a super simple animation and placed it in Muse as a test.  The page loads fine in Firefox and scales when I resize the browser window as I want it to. It also works ONCE in Safari, but only if I have emptied the caches first. Then if i reload the page once more the animation is gone, but becomes visible again if I resize the browser window. I published the site to Business Catalyst, and the same problem occurs on my iPhone and iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When testing HTML5 Canvas Animate puts in random numbers everywhere so that your previous test cache doesn't show up. Then when you're sure you're finished you do a Publish, and that makes a version without the random numbers.

Unfortunately, you can only get OAM by doing a publish, so there is more chance of the cached version loading by mistake.

For the Safari issue, can you post a link to your test so I can try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering! Here's a link to my little test:)

Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and on iPhone and iPad. There is flickering when resizing or when rotating the screen, but it recovers ok.

Of course, I definitely don't have anything of yours cached, so that helps. Also, I think that the general flickering issue has been improved, and when there is an update to Animate you could remake the OAM and it may behave better.

Don't know when the next update will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. But does it work if you refresh the page in Safari? That's when it disappears on both my iMac, iPhone and iPad. It only works on the first pageload for some reason. I'm only having this problem in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot about that bit! It fails to show in Safari until I empty cache, and doing that on iPhone or iPad looks like it would wipe out all web data, which I wouldn't want to do.

The actual Animate part works fine:

badl_tre

It could be worth asking in the Muse forum too, though you might want to not mention Animate, that would just give them something else to blame! Show the link I just gave, and the main link, and only ask about why Safari is blank on a page reload until you clear cache, for the OAM version but ok for the direct version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, will do. Thanks again for your help:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines