• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are not resizing

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - still new to Muse and finding my way.

Right now, no matter how I place or insert an image, it is not resizing when I move the breakpoint gripper, nor in preview. I have played with different pinning (and no pinning) and the resize menu, to no avail.

Google and Youtube seem v quiet on this, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Your layout page is set to „fixed width“. So, of course nothing will resize.

You have a fluid width breakpoint on your master page at 1060 px, but master page breakpoints aren’t automatically taken over to layout pages, because master pages and layout pages are able to use different breakpoints.

Your actual „home“page has a fixed width of 860 px. The „breakpoint“ at 1232 px is not a „real“ breakpoint, but symbolises the browser background. You can see this quite clearly, if you temporarily coloris

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Did you use the „Resize“ menu in Muse’s upper control strip, to assign a resizing method?
  • Did you place the image into a text frame (= inline image)? In this case images aren’t reacting responsively in the actual version of Muse)

Otherwise: Put this image into a newly created .muse file and let us have a look at this file. Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes I used 'resize' in the menu.

I have not placed the image in a text box. I have placing the image, and as a background fill to a rectangle.

I will check the link, thank you.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attempted to upload and create this public link - most elements removed apart from problematic image.

https://adobe.ly/2xGwGDW

It doesn't look right in the preview to me, but may be different for you.

Thanks

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your layout page is set to „fixed width“. So, of course nothing will resize.

You have a fluid width breakpoint on your master page at 1060 px, but master page breakpoints aren’t automatically taken over to layout pages, because master pages and layout pages are able to use different breakpoints.

Your actual „home“page has a fixed width of 860 px. The „breakpoint“ at 1232 px is not a „real“ breakpoint, but symbolises the browser background. You can see this quite clearly, if you temporarily colorise your page:

• Make sure, that no element is selected, and now choose a fill colour from the Muse’s upper control strip. Now the page background, which you have defined, is clearly visible.
  • Next step: Right click onto the 860 px area in the breakpoint bar, and set the breakpoint to „Fluid Width“. Now, you have to reposition your layout elements, and all works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that seems to work.... sadly I did have a lovely scrolling image at the top, but now that scroll doesn't work because I'm  not using a fixed breakpoint.

But thanks for your valuable help and time today.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen dank for your help with my site, I’ve made lots of progress!

Question - resizing the window to the smallest breakpoint pushes an image up into the title text, how do I ‘protect’ the title?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know, what to do: A small .muse file is necessary to find a solution. Perhaps(!) you are running into bug of the newest version. Therfore have a look at this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374713

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines