Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let's look at 2 images below.

This is a gif I made.

my-annah.gif

And below is from original source.

infinitum-annah.gif

The question is "How to align the character position in the 1st gif like in the 2nd one?"

If possible I want to know how to make it as close as the 2nd one as possible.

I tried using Link Layers with Alignment and It screwed the animation as shown in below.

Untitled.gif

Noted that I'm a beginner at image editing so a detailed explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of ways.

1)lower the opacity of the top layer just enough to see the next layer then align and repeat for the remaining layers

2)Use the onion skin option in the timeline panel.  Turning it on allows you so see the other frames to make it easier to align. Onion skin is only available in one of the modes I don't recall if it is frame animation or timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that works but I have like 300+ gifs I need to work on so having to adjust position for each frame directions is hell. (There're total of 16 directions per 1 gif)

I'll just pray and hope there will be better options for now ;-;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop do you have? I am wondering if auto align would work. Normally used for panoramas, but same principle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's CS6 (6.2) v13.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under the edit menu and see if auto align is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It does.

I just tried and played around with it but still didn't work. It was even worse than alignment,

Auto - Distorted some images.

Reposition - teleported the character around.

The remaining options were pretty much screwed both images and animation sequences.

What I want is a tool that will "lock" character's position like when you select multiple layers and use mouse to drag them around image without messing with character sequences, so that I can use alignment to quickly reposition them to bottom-center of image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, yeah this would have been better during the creation. I'll think some more on it. In the mean time, maybe someone else will chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm getting better at doing them manually now. I'll manage somehow.

Thanks for answering my question, Silkrooster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, I just wish I was of more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines