Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering INSANELY slow

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My full composition is 45 seconds, but I cannot even render a 3 second clip of it.  3 seconds takes 20 minutes.  45seconds took over 3 hours. 

Earlier I did a 10 second clip that only took about 2 seconds and then after that it just shut down and stopped, I have no idea why but I have a DEADLINE TONIGHT and I haven't been able to make any progress.  I do a lot of work in AE and this is the first time I've had this problem. PLEASE HELP.

Computer:

OS X El Capitan

Macbook Pro 15-in

2.8GHz Intel Core i&

16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

512 GB available storage

My composition settings:

HDTV 1080 29.97

1920x1080

Export Settings:

Quicktime

RGB + Alpha (i need transparency)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RameezKhan  wrote

Duplicate thread here: Composition WON'T RENDER -- I HAVE A DEADLINE 

Locked. Thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the command line render for AE... But I think its your system... Your on a laptop in AE

The HD frame size and frame rate will make a bit of difference but the main thing that will slow up rendering is the codec that your compressing to and how many layers and effects you have going...

You might try exporting to animation then to h.264 if you are going for a compressed delivery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you try to change the Render Settings to make the rendering faster like this? The window opens when you click Render Settings on Render Queue.

Proxy Use: Use All Proxies

Working with footage items in After Effects

It would be another tip that CapsLock is set on during rendering.

Improve performance in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick Gerard suggests the following:

Start by purging everything.

If you have a crash then render an image sequence because you can pick things up on the frame where it fails. If I'm under a tight deadline on something that I think will take a long time to render or may have rendering problems I always render an image sequence. It's really easy to drop the image sequence in Pro and put the audio track back in and quickly render a deliverable and everybody can use an image sequence.

Without details and a screenshot of your comp with all the modified properties of all the layers in the comp revealed (press the u key twice) it's impossible to guess what may be going on other than running out of resources.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Leslie C,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines