• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop keeps refreshing issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every since I installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.012.20098) my desktop keeps refreshing every few seconds. I've tried removing the Adobe Cloud icon from my system tray but that ended with a demand to reinstall the whole program. I've tried keeping the PDF screen closed, but of course I need it too often to keep it closed all the time. I'm at my wits end. Anyone have any idea how to stop the refreshing?

Thanks

Linda

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Windows OS by chance?

I've had the same issue on and off for years under various Windows Operating systems (XP and 7 for sure).

Following the info at this link usually fixes it for a time...

how to keep desktop icons from constantly refreshing - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

It took awhile, but I finally found the problem. I was using an extension in Chrome that opened PDFs in Chrome rather than having to save them . There was a conflict between that extension and Adobe. Once I deleted the Chrome extension the refreshing stopped.

John - thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows OS by chance?

I've had the same issue on and off for years under various Windows Operating systems (XP and 7 for sure).

Following the info at this link usually fixes it for a time...

how to keep desktop icons from constantly refreshing - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! It works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops. I using Window 7. The problem only occurs when I have the Adobe PDF window open. Does not happen at any other time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you right click the Cloud icon in your tray and choose Quit, then run Acrobat by itself without the CC App in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected it does refresh with the PDF window closed. I haven't made any OS changes. This has only been going on since I installed Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth running through the possible fixes from Microsoft that I posted originally.

It's something that's known to happen to the MS icon cache file, especially if you keep a lot of shortcuts & files on your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I can't find a fix for windows 7, but I'll go look again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the Window 7 method I've used in the past: Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took awhile, but I finally found the problem. I was using an extension in Chrome that opened PDFs in Chrome rather than having to save them . There was a conflict between that extension and Adobe. Once I deleted the Chrome extension the refreshing stopped.

John - thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines