• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Tools not being saved

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Quick Tools settings are not being saved. Every time I close out the program, the tools disappear. I have to keep selecting the tools every session. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arlener,

As per the description above the Quick Tools settings are not getting saved, Is that correct?

You may try to check for any pending updates of Acrobat from Help>Check for updates.

You may also try to repair the installation file from Help> Repair Installation.

Try running the Acrobat as Run as Administrator (Windows only).

If this does not help, please enable the Hidden/Root Admin/Account in the computer and check.

Please share the following details:

* Is it Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat Pro DC?

* Is it a Mac or Windows machine?

* Is it your personal or office computer?

* Please confirm the version of Acrobat installed on your computer?

To check the version of Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat

Update this discussion with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that my acrbat.exe program was set to run under windows 7 compatability mode. Once i unclicked the compatability mode it worked perfict. It now saves my settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for sharing.  This tip worked in fixing this annoying issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

Very annoying to have to first find where certain tools are and then reload them into the quick tools bar at the top. At one point the display showing the magnification value disappeared, and I could not find it in any of the customize options; I finally chose "reset toolbars" and it came back.

answers to Sri's questions:

Acrobat Pro DC

2017 continuous release

Build: 17.12.20098.240878

personal

Mac OS 10.12.6

27" iMac late 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FritzHansen,

Please refer to the steps in the following thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2309754

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems awfully cumbersome. What I've done is control-click (I'm using a Mac) the tool area to get this (also available from the View menu):

Screenshot 2017-09-05 15.30.31.png

Then for each of those Show items in the top section, I select individual tools or Show All Page Display (or whatever) Tools. I've always had "Restore last view setting" selected in the preferences. Shouldn't my set of tools be maintained regardless of what file gets opened AND when I create a new PDF? It has always worked that way in the past. Some of the things that disappear aren't in those customizable tool sets, such as the Hand and the page number display; at least I haven't found them so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fritz Hansen,

Please follow the steps from the following links: Adobe Acrobat Workspace basics

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at those workspace basics and as far as I can tell, what I described above is exactly what is mentioned in the first bit under "Toolbars," so if some of my tools are disappearing, is there a glitch in the software, or do I have to do this for every PDF I open—and does the set of tools travel with the PDF (if I open a PDF created by someone else, do I only see the tools they have showing when they created the PDF)?

There seems to be some nomenclature inconsistency, as well, which might be confusing me (and possibly others). The Workspace Basics instructions begin with "To add tools in the toolbar,..."

After mentioning "the toolbar" the instructions start referring to the Quick Tools toolbar and the Common Tools toolbar

How many toolbars are there. They certainly all look like a single bar. And what makes something a quick tool? 

And then under Create Custom Tools, it's really saying you can create custom tool sets, not custom tools, right? I understand that and have used that function, but the language is sloppy.

This whole issue would go away if the tool bar(s) and menu of tool categories to the right of the document were separate from the individual PDF document the way they are in other Adobe products, so the user can create a workspace that remains the same regardless of the document that is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. my preferences wont save after I log out of my mac for the day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines