Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raytrace Alternative for 3D Text in Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created text and the 3D extraction shows it with jagged lines. I've seen other topics where this has come up and raytrace was used as the solution for cleaning it up. I understand that raytrace is not an option for Photoshop CC 2017 so I was wondering what the solution is now. I've also seen recommendations for After Effects but I've never used AE before so that would be my last preference. Thanks to the community in advance for any help you can provide.

Zach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

One thing to keep in mind is the pixel dimensions of the document it self. Too low of a setting it wouldn't matter how good of a raytracer you have. It would always be a poor quality rendering.

The raytracing in photoshop will do a good job, if you allow it the time it needs to finish and the pixel dimensions are high enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing to keep in mind is the pixel dimensions of the document it self. Too low of a setting it wouldn't matter how good of a raytracer you have. It would always be a poor quality rendering.

The raytracing in photoshop will do a good job, if you allow it the time it needs to finish and the pixel dimensions are high enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines