• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 9.12.1 Sigma 12-24 f. 4 lens profile/Canon 1 D Mk lV profile...

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When 'trying' to apply a lens correction for the Sigma 12-24 f. 4, the only lens listed is the previous 12-24 f. 4.5-5.6., which is not very similar. The f. 4 lens was added to CC in version 9.8 so I'm not sure why It's not showing in ACR  Lens Corrections. Anyone have any ideas/tips on how to add it (or find it?). Also, while I can find that lens in the Filter-Lens Correction, it does not list my camera model (Canon 1 D Mk lV) which has a different sensor size to the other cameras listed there. Any ideas on this one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Maybe adobe determined that the sensor size didn't make any difference.

You could build your own custom lens profile using the DNG Profile Editor.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Anyway, i was able to locate some raw files taken with that lens and a Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Sigma 12-24 F4 DG Art - Review

and here with camera raw 9.12.1 camera raw does list the lens under Sigma, though i had to select it manually as acr didn't auto detect it.

The lens is listed just under

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe adobe determined that the sensor size didn't make any difference.

You could build your own custom lens profile using the DNG Profile Editor.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Anyway, i was able to locate some raw files taken with that lens and a Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Sigma 12-24 F4 DG Art - Review

and here with camera raw 9.12.1 camera raw does list the lens under Sigma, though i had to select it manually as acr didn't auto detect it.

The lens is listed just under the Sigma 10-24 F4-5.6 EX DC HSM on the SIGMA list.

cr-1.jpg

cr-2.jpg

As far as the Lens Correction filter, i don't how adobe determines which cameras to match which lenses with.

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III is matched with the Sigma 12-24 F4 DG HSM

cr-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines