• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop redraw bug on iMac Retina after updating to Sierra.

Enthusiast ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Sierra from El Capitan I've noticed a repeatable, incredibly frustrating bug that occurs when using certain tools and layers. Say for instance I apply a fill on a layer, on screen it will not show that anything has occurred unless I scroll or zoom in. It doesn't always happen, sometimes Photoshop runs like a dream, but once it starts it will not seem to fix itself unless I reboot the entire machine. Has anyone else experienced this? And yes, I have tried every combination of turning off the graphics processor, adjusting its advanced setting, etc. Once it starts it doesn't matter what settings I change.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jackthegiantslayer,

If the issue occurs randomly then it could be because of corrupt preferences. Please restore default Photoshop preferences and let us know if that helps.To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.Select "Yes".

The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restoring PS preferences didn't help for me. The bug seems to renew itself after a while.

Another discussion below

Re: Changes don't take effect until zooming in & out (Photoshop CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash Sharma​, as we've mentioned several times, it's not random. Let me be clear on this: Deleting preferences works for a short amount of time, then the bug reappears again - usually within a day. I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that deleting the preferences every day is hardly a solution, as people set these preferences for a reason. That'd be like hopping on a new computer every time you have to design a new graphic.

Please stop giving us these generic responses and address this obvious bug! Most users on here are WAY past the "is the computer plugged in?" type of responses that you're giving us. I'd be bluffing if I said I'd be getting rid of Photoshop because of this - I would be without a job without the program. However, it'd be nice to be able to use the new features, rather than using 2-year-old software.

Please, please, please do something about this. It is NOT solved yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May of 2017, I started this discussion: Changes don't take effect until zooming in & out (Photoshop CC)​. There has yet to be a solution, but Adobe's staff keeps marking the "Delete Preferences" posts as the correct answer.

And still as of today, no fix. Every "solution" fails after a short amount of time.

• Deleting prefs file works about a day, then the problem returns.
  • Disabling Retina support doesn't solve it.
  • Reinstalling Adobe CC doesn't solve it.
  • Reinstalling Mac OS doesn't solve it.

So far, I've only found the initial 2017 version to be the only stable one. So for now, that's what you'll have to do unless Adobe actually does something about this, rather than blaming Apple for an issue that has been present for about a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Akash, please STOP marking this as answered because it absolutely is not. I am so sick of Adobe marking half-ass hacks and temporary workarounds as ”answers”. Please UNMARK this post as answered until Adobe can actually put some of monthly extortion money I pay them towards REAL FIXES. God, I couldn’t be more disgusted with Adobe these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is definitely not retina related, but it IS totally random. I have a 2012 27" Imac and a 2017 macbook pro and the bug present itself on both machines. After deleting the preferences it disappears for some time and presents itself randomly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines