• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place 'Insert HTML' Block inside slider?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on an e-commerce site for some time now, making good progress.

I have implemented the e-commerce functionality via Ecwid, combined with j-26's paid Ecwid for Muse Widget, everything works as it should - awesome!

My issue lies in creating a 'Featured Products' slider at the bottom of my homepage. When setting products up in the Ecwid Dashboard (at my.ecwid.com) there is an option to 'Embed Products' via the product input page, it's pretty straight forward - you select the desired options; price, image etc and Ecwid generates a block of HTML code for you to then embed into your website.

I have used this feature to try and create a "feature Products" slider - by going: Object > Insert HTML, works perfectly. The product is now embedded on the page, however the issue arrises when I then attempt to place said HTML Element into a slider. I'm currently using MuseGain's GeniusSlider, it will let me place the various embedded products (remember, this was achieved through Object > Insert HTML) inside the slider and within Muse everything seems to work as it should, when I click on the secondary trigger, the slide changes to the next and now no embedded products are visible (intentional at this stage, when I get it working I will have three slides, with three embedded products in each).

I should note that everything functions as it should in Design Mode within Muse, however when I 'Preview page in browser' I'm met with an error code reading:

"JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'a._fstp$Clip[0]')"

and the preview simply doesn't load. I've tried a few different sliders and each result in the same issue, is there any way to resolve this? or are there any slider widgets currently available that allow you insert HTML Objects into the individual slides?It's baffling me cause it seems to work perfectly in design mode, yet doesn't;t want to work in any other mode, including Preview within Muse and both "Preview page in browser" and "Preview site in browser".

Any help would be very much appreciated, always sucks to have something appear to work in Muse and then  in actuality it doesn't work outside of Muse.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

We have progress!

Very odd, but I've trying to remedy the issue in a simple .muse file (I will set it up on BC hosting and get a DL link for you guys later this afternoon after work), but I believe the issue lies in the horizontal transition of the slider widget.

Using a different slider widget: Slider Free Widget for Adobe Muse by Musefree​ I managed to reproduce the issue, with the transition set to horizontal, upon previewing in a browser I was met with the same error code: "JavaScript exceptio

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already try to contact the inventor "Muse Gain"?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet - as it's not unique to the MuseGain widget, the issue persists with the default Muse slideshow widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'a._fstp$Clip[0]')"

looks anyway like a 3rdparty widget issue.

What kind of slideshow do you use?

Do you have a link? A screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't supply a link as the error stops the page from loading at all.

I will contact Muse Gain now and also try to replicate the issue using another slider, but so far each slider I've used whether it be an Adobe Muse default, or a 3rd party widget, the issue has persisted.

If i get time I will put a simple page together containing the desired 'Featured Products' slider so you can see for yourself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Man, that sounds great. Maybe some of "our" coders might have a closer look at it.

A simple .muse is best, I guess.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have progress!

Very odd, but I've trying to remedy the issue in a simple .muse file (I will set it up on BC hosting and get a DL link for you guys later this afternoon after work), but I believe the issue lies in the horizontal transition of the slider widget.

Using a different slider widget: Slider Free Widget for Adobe Muse by Musefree​ I managed to reproduce the issue, with the transition set to horizontal, upon previewing in a browser I was met with the same error code: "JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'a._fstp$Clip[0]')" and the page refuses to load (due to this error I presume).

However I was pleasantly surprised to find that using the same slider widget and changing one minor detail, the slider works perfectly (with HTML objects placed inside on both 'slides') - the only change I made was setting the 'Transition' to 'Fade' instead of Horizontal and it works completely as it should which is great, but slightly strange at the same time.

At least it's working, though personally I cannot stand the 'fade' transition, it feels so dated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you ever tried the composition widget out of the box from muse?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines