• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 won't start on Mac 10.11 [topic edited for brevity]

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occurred after I empty my Photoshop CC 2017 Cache.  Upon restart Photoshop would not reopen, The First error message reads"The last time you opened Photoshop CC, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again? No matter what i select to reopen or to not, it prompts a new Error message-

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Identifier:            com.adobe.Photoshop Version:               18.1.1 (18.1.1.252)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 [1032]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-05-13 22:14:43.830 -0700

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1421)

Report Version:        11

Anonymous UUID:        BFC5D53F-7C7B-48C3-2A1E-7CD4C0E476D5

Time Awake Since Boot: 2500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000080

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x80:

--> 

__TEXT                 0000000104b02000-000000010b2f0000 [103.9M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have prefaced that I am using Mac, this article is for Windows.  I can't even get into my Photoshop preferences.  I tried booting Photoshop using the shift command control keys and nothing happened.  I'll search reseting preferences on Mac, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the Mac reset of Photoshop preferences and it still won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you see the dialog confirming you'd successfully reset your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I gave up on using Photoshop on my Macbook pro and worked on my other computer for a while,  I'm just now seeing this response.  No, I can not start Photoshop at all.  It will not allow me to open preferences because it will not open.  When I try to boot Photoshop it, it gives me message- "The last time you opened Photoshop CC, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again? If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself.  Don't reopen, reopen"   No matter if I choose don't reopen or reopen.  It gives me a crash report- "Photoshop cc quit unexpectedly"    I have tried reinstalling and nothing works.  Please help, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what the article mentions holding command option shift as I boot Photoshop CC and it ask me "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File?"  I click yes and it gives me the same error message as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kglad, I followed all of those steps beginning to end, twice. Photoshop is still doing the same exact thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to actually speak to an Adobe expert either online chat or phone call?  The problem is still not resolved and I need to use Photoshop on my laptop for work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi .. I was experiencing this (or a very similar) issue.

I could not get Photoshop to open - it kept offering the 'Reopen' option which closed it and it just kept looping.

It seems that this was because I use additional screens.

Scenario

• Open photoshop in External screen
  • Close laptop lid/log-off
  • Open laptop lid/log-on
  • Try and open Photoshop in Laptop screen
  • Hit the 'reopen' loop - won't open.
  • Try and open Photoshop in External screen - works.
  • This is due to some sort of 'locking' going on - beyond my skillset that one.

Hope this may help someone.

Note: This also happened for me with Chrome - with exactly the same problem/scenario/fix.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines