• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Squares randomly appearing on curves adjustment layer.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a recurring issue when using curves adjustment layers in Photoshop (CC). As I work on an image with different adjustment layers, suddenly a square or rectangle will appear in my image. When I check back through the layers I will usually find a black square/rectangle on a curves adjustment layer. I then have to delete that layer to restore the image.

Why does this happen? It seems to be a random thing. It can be very annoying when this happens multiple times.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC,

Looks like there might be an issue with the graphics processor, could you please let us know which exact version of Photoshop are you using and on which operating system?

Also, you could try unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" in Photoshop's preferences > Performance then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it works.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil

I'm using Photoshop 2017 CC on MacBook Pro with MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.5.

It's just happened again now on another image I'm working on this morning. Now I'll have to go back through all the adjustment layers and find the black squares on the offending mask. It's a very frustrating problem. Hope you can fix it.

Regards

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information Julie, try unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" in Photoshop's preferences > Performance then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines