Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content aware tool doesnt adapt!

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

When I am using the content aware tool to move an object from one place in a photo to another (which it does move) the background does not adapt to its environment even though I am using 'move' and 'structure' and 'colour' tools which are making no difference! Does anybody know how to get this to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Hi

This is one of those cases of the wrong tool for the job.

Content aware will fill the old cloud and will blend the edges of the moved ellipse but because the selection is mainly white clouds almost white and is being dropped into plain blue sky then the plane will always move with it's own bit of cloud.

In this instance the better way is to select the plane (the pen tool works well for that) copy it to a new layer and move it then use the spot healing brush to remove the original

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa

Can you post a before and after screenshot (including your options bar settings as well as the image)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave! Thank you ! sure, here you are

Before:

and after

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is one of those cases of the wrong tool for the job.

Content aware will fill the old cloud and will blend the edges of the moved ellipse but because the selection is mainly white clouds almost white and is being dropped into plain blue sky then the plane will always move with it's own bit of cloud.

In this instance the better way is to select the plane (the pen tool works well for that) copy it to a new layer and move it then use the spot healing brush to remove the original

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! I will try that! That is very helpful.. the strange thing is though I have watched a tutorial on the same and there was no mention! Big learning curve

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not give me an option to select the content aware in Photoshop CS4, please help me in enabling the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using an obsolete version of Photoshop so expecting the more recently introduced features to work there seems overly optimistic.

Adobe Photoshop version history - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines