• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add symbols/items into the Keyframe Picker for a specific timeline?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Adobe Animate, sorry. But I'm wondering, I am just trying out the program and found out how to make different symbols appear at different times in a specific timeline. But when I go to the Keyframe Picker, I don't see two different symbols but I only see one symbol and I only see the other when I get to the point in time when it changes. They are both checked under the option "graphic" not "movie clip". But how I do make them both appear in Keyframe Picker?

Additional question: is there any way to add symbols onto Keyframe Picker that aren't in the timeline already but I have pictures for already converted in symbols?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

None of the graphics in the library have more than one frame. If symbol 3 is supposed to be the eyes, you should go into symbol 3, drag any of the eye bitmaps you want to use from the library to the stage. Select them all and get the size and alignment to be right, then right-click select Distribute to Keyframes. That should spread the eyes along the timeline of symbol 3. Then the frame picker should give you lots to choose from.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to Animate forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! New to forums so that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you mean Frame Picker. It's just for Graphics, and you would operate on one graphic. It doesn't let you choose from multiple graphics.

In the graphic would be the various frames that you want to choose from. You select the graphic on stage and in Properties you would set its 'Looping' to Single Frame. Then when you choose a frame in Frame Picker it will set the graphic in that frame in the timeline to show the frame you chose.

It is no better than if you typed a number in the 'First' field of Properties, but at least you can see the image that you are choosing at the time you select it.

Here's a video that takes you through the feature:

How to use the new Frame Picker in Adobe Animate CC - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what I'm wondering is how you get multiple key frames to choose from like the ones in this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNlIsln7Gmc

i cannot get it to have more than one, while this guy has 6 available keyframes how do I get more than one?

if it helps the images I want to add to the Frame Picker are imported .PNG files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With YouTube you can copy the video URL at the current timecode. So, assuming you're talking about this part:

How to use the new Frame Picker in Adobe Animate CC - YouTube

Those are the frames inside the head graphic. They don't have to be keyframes. Inside the graphic would have as many frames as you need, and all of them will show in the Frame Picker when you select the graphic on stage.

The checkbox that says Create Keyframe means that when you select a frame from the graphic, the version on the stage will get made into a keyframe. The frames inside the graphic don't have to be keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I now have a secondary question: if I imported pictures to be made into keyframes, will the process be any different? Because I see that when the keyframes are drawn, they are sort of automatically placed into the Frame Picker for that specific graphic it is drawn for.

im sorry for the amount of questions i have right now, I previously used a program called Anime Studio and I'm trying to find alternatives to its Switch Layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Frame Picker is the same feature as the Switch Layer drop down menu, only you see the graphics to choose between. You can set a frame label for each frame inside the graphic, that way you can give each image a name, like you do with switch layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok sorry, but I continue to have this problem. I made a head graphic as well and it should switch between different frames from time to time using other .PNG images, but they are still not appearing in the Frame Picker. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are. Could you post the FLA online somewhere for us to look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - Test Animation.fla

A simple blinking animation, but I can't find a way to make the eyes have different keyframes in the keyframe picker. It won't allow me to put symbols into the Picker either. They are all .PNG imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the graphics in the library have more than one frame. If symbol 3 is supposed to be the eyes, you should go into symbol 3, drag any of the eye bitmaps you want to use from the library to the stage. Select them all and get the size and alignment to be right, then right-click select Distribute to Keyframes. That should spread the eyes along the timeline of symbol 3. Then the frame picker should give you lots to choose from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think i follow.

Is it possible you can sort of edit the file I gave you and send me one of what your intentions are and with the Frame Picker with multiple symbols?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have 224 variations of eye. It would be tough to figure out how many of them you plan on using.

Here's a version where I moved the two eyes into their own layer, added a few variations of eye into symbol 3, and set the first few frames to show different eyes:

http://colin.scienceninja.com/TestAnimation.fla.zip

You should be able to select one of the eyes and see different images to choose from in Frame Picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No this is perfect! Thank you so much for helping me with this problem! Now I have some sort of file that has at least more than one symbol in the frame picker (that was my main intention, i didn't really care what type of eyes goes into the file )

Thank you so much for being patient with me! You were an awesome help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines