• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer LR from a PC from an old one

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instruction by uninstalling LR on the old PC. I should have retrieved a code to install the new version but I didn't receive anything. So I'm currently working with a trial version !!!

In the mean time I've lost all my presets (import, develop, export) !!!!!

Where I'm surprised it's I kept all the keywords (should be included in the catalog)

Who can help me ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but as I've uninstalled LR I won't find it again on my old PC.

I bought a V5 with my Photo club (agreement with the french photography federation) +maintenance fee.

for it I've a licence code

I was upgraded to V6.12.

And this code is not working on LR on the new PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/photo+leon  wrote

Ok but as I've uninstalled LR I won't find it again on my old PC.

I bought a V5 with my Photo club (agreement with the french photography federation) +maintenance fee.

for it I've a licence code

I was upgraded to V6.12.

And this code is not working on LR on the new PC

What code is not working? Is it a code for LR 5 or LR 6? DO NOT TYPE YOUR CODE IN HERE, just answer YES or NO ... is this code 24 digits in 6 groups of 4, with no characters, beginning with 1160? DO NOT TYPE YOUR CODE IN HERE.

What happens? If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the code is beginning with 1160.

So I did it.

The message was something like it refuses the register and I continue to use the trial version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify something.

Is this code that begins with 1160 something you received when you bought LR 5, or when you bought LR 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought LR 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/photo+leon  wrote

I bought LR 5

Then you don't have the serial number for LR 6 and so you can't use Lightroom 6 beyond the trial period. You have to purchase a license to use LR 6.

You can use Lightroom 5 if you still have that serial number. You just install LR 5, apply your serial number, and then you're ready to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that Adobe won't let you install on a new PC.  I just went through this with the support people. I'm running LR 5.7.1 on my laptop but it's run out of memory space so I need to install the program on a desktop I just bought.  Adobe made it clear I could not do that and would have to buy LR 6 if I wanted to start using it on the new computer.  I was told the upgrades to LR 5 were not transferable. 

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was already the V6.12. So I won't buy it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simong4005233  wrote

It may be that Adobe won't let you install on a new PC.  I just went through this with the support people. I'm running LR 5.7.1 on my laptop but it's run out of memory space so I need to install the program on a desktop I just bought.  Adobe made it clear I could not do that and would have to buy LR 6 if I wanted to start using it on the new computer.  I was told the upgrades to LR 5 were not transferable. 

Does that help?

You can certainly install your Lightroom 5.7.1 on a new computer. There's nothing stopping you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what about the upgrade to LR6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something isn't clear to me. Did you purchase an upgrade to Lightroom 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought LR 5 with a maintenance contract (upgrade included)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to explain.  I had a disc for LR 4 and a serial number. I had done online upgrades to get to LR 5.7.1.  If I received a serial number for the online upgrades it was no longer accessible because my internet service provider went out of business overnight. I had no access to previous emails in other words.   I was hoping Adobe could help me retrieve my serial numbers because all the software was legally downloaded from their site.  No dice.   The support person even had me take a screen shot of LR 5.7.1. Why I don't know because they still would not allow me to transfer my existing program to my new computer. The support person said I would have to buy LR 6 because, in her words, you can't transfer upgrades to the basic version of the program.   I have the transcript of the session.  She seemed to suggest the LR sales people may give me a discount given the circumstances. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bad news !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, @simong4005233 that doesn't mean, as you said earlier, that people can't transfer LR 5.7.1 (or any other version of Lightroom) to a new computer.

It means you lost your serial number and couldn't get it back. It might be a good idea to write down (or store in some file on your computer and in the "cloud") the serial numbers for ALL of your software, not just Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it means Adobe was not willing to let me do the transfer from one computer to another.  I provided the previous email that I used for the transfer and also sent a screen shot of LR 5.7.1.  I had the previous upgrade emails in a folder but the server company went belly up, a fact that was covered by the news media and can be verified online.  The bottom line is that they wanted me to upgrade to 6, and hey, if I owned a software company I would want that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DId you try this: Where can I find my License key in Lightroom?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you registred your software with Adobe, you will be able to retrieve your serial number:

Find your serial number

That should have been the way to proceed. Without serial number, you are out of luck.

Look also here:

Where can I find my License key in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it's a license I bought through my Photo Club (specific agreement between Adobe and the FPF (French Photography Federation)).

So version upgrade is included in that agreement. Reason why I was able to use permanently version 6 while I bought version 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! That means that you should have got a serial for your Lr6! Please contact your Photo Club on this. They should be able to provide you with the necessary documentation and instructions.

I still suppose that you got a redeem code to acquire the license number. in this case the number should be in your possession.

Did you follow my instructions above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license agreement even says that you can have 2 active installs on 2 computers. The only restriction is that you do not use them at the same time (meaning that it may not be used to equip a collegue with your Lr and working concurrently on projects).

This is since ever in the licensing terms of Adobe (since ever=as long as I know).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines