Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop good enough for Creative Cloud?

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I'm looking to buy a second hand laptop of work on temporarily.

This is the laptop:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADVENT-Roma-2001-Celeron-DELIVERY/dp/B007JUWFV6

Would this be ok for CC in terms of speed and size?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on the program, but it is going to be VERY slow for the programs that will run... and some programs, like Premiere Pro, probably will not run at all

Minimum System requirements for Cloud Programs... scroll down and check each program

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I guess its the RAM that would be the issue.

If I were to increase the Ram to 6GB, would this help? I understand that RAM needs to go in pairs so could I just add another 3GB? If so, does it have to be a certain make etc?

Sorry I'm not familiar with this type of stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would help but it's still so low that you can expect problems/slowing for all but the simplest of applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woefully inadequate, I'm afraid. That laptop uses the now-severely-outdated DDR2 system RAM, of which its 3GB of RAM was achieved by using a 2GB stick and a 1GB stick (you see, memory modules are manufactured only in powers of 2 bytes, which makes a 3GB module totally impossible). And the maximum memory support of that laptop is a paltry 4GB total (the chipset on that laptop cannot address any memory modules larger than 2GB). Because of that, it cannot run Premiere Pro CC (2015 or later) at all since it absolutely requires 8GB or more RAM just to even run at all.

Worst of all, the technology in that laptop is really archaic by today's standards: That particular Celeron CPU dates all the way back to the days of the 45nm Penryn-based Core 2 Duo/Quad CPUs, which are now almost 10 years old! And software and hardware companies do not like to support anything at all that's more than three years old. And on top of that, it completely lacks a GPU that's supported for GPU acceleration in any Adobe or any other company's programs.

In other words, that laptop is a complete waste of money even at a cost of five pence (the absolute smallest denomination that's legal tender in the UK), let alone the UK price for it refurbished. It was a crappy, low-performance laptop even when it was new back in 2010, and is a complete joke today.

As such, even a new Atom laptop will outperform that old laptop, and still achieve far better battery life than that dinosaur.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines