• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop and/or Bridge freeze when I try to commit changes made in Camera Raw or Camera Raw filter

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated my Creative Cloud Apps and Camera Raw has now become unstable. When I open a RAW image in Bridge and make changes to it, Camera Raw will not open the image in Photoshop causing Bridge to hang. When I open any image whether RAW or jpg in Photoshop and then make changes using the Camera Raw filter, when I click OK to commit the changes, the filter closes, but the changes are not made and Photoshop freezes. I am tearing my hair out as I have a large number of images to edit this weekend and I have spent nearly all day trying to resolve this problem.

All help and suggestions gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset my preferences in both and purged the cache etc in Bridge, but Camera Raw  and Camera Raw filter still behave the same - as soon as I try to open the file into Photoshop if launched from Bridge or click ok to accept the changes I have made when using the filter in Photoshop, the software hangs. I have the latest versions of all of the CC apps, I have updated Windows and have reinstalled my graphics processor files. I really am unsure what to try next. It is making Photoshop virtually impossible to use as the Camera Raw Filter is used by me all of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop hangs or bridge hangs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whichever one I am using.

If I open a RAW file into Camera Raw from Bridge and make changes, then try to then open the image into Photoshop, Photoshop does not open (if it is not already open) and Bridge hangs. If instead if opening the image, I click "done" Bridge also hangs.

If I open a file (whether RAW or jpg, it doesn't matter) in Photoshop and then open the Camera Raw filter and make changes to the image, when I try to click OK to commit the changes, Photoshop hangs. So it seems to be linked to trying to save the changes in Camera Raw. Camera Raw opens fine and makes the required adjustments fine, but you cannot exit

So it seems to be linked to trying to save the changes and leave Camera Raw. Camera Raw opens fine and makes the required adjustments fine, but you cannot exit without causing whichever programme you launched Camera Raw from to hang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your cr is less than 9.12.1.790, update your cr.

otherwise, using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be being a bit thick, but this link you sent (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html) just sends me around in circles and does not seem to have the suggested "still need help" link anywhere to be seen - or at least not obvious to me. Why does it have to be made so difficult to get help for a premium product that I pay substantial sums to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add, that my CR is already updated to 9.12.1.790. Indeed, as stated in my original question, the problem seems to be that I have just updated my apps to the latest version and that is why I am suffering the problem with Camera RAW.

Further, I should have noted above that in the Camera Raw Filter, even if I cancel changes that I have tried to make, Camera Raw Filter closes, but still causes Photoshop to hang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen a solution to this problem either here or in General discussion area. How can this issue be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This original post is a few days old now but I have just needed to reload PS/LR & Bridge after a Windows 10 disaster and have discovered that this is a reported issue after my system froze and I looked on the help forum!

Prior to that all my Adobe features worked perfectly. After the reinstall (now done twice) I have the problem described in this post namely PS freezes after trying to use the CR filter. Adobe do not seem to be interested in resolving a major problem in one of their flagship apps. As a subscriber for a number of years I am disappointed and frustrated that nothing seems to happen when these issues arise.

Can we expect any help in return for our subscriptions to CC? This problem is a major issue for those of us doing serious photo editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at my event viewer, I see this error message appearing frequently:

Faulting application name: Adobe Spaces Helper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58fefe7b

Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2924.1537.0, time stamp: 0x584a4ed5

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000049f61f

Faulting process id: 0xbbf0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d32958864b9d67

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces\Adobe Spaces Helper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces\libcef.dll

Report Id: c9927c66-c56c-4624-8fe5-9e1e26dcd769

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Does this help at all?

I tried renaming the Spaces folder ~Spaces and tried renaming libcef.dll as #libcef.dll, but neither seems to have made any difference.

All help gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any success with this issue as I have exactly the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have exhausted all 'cunning plans' and the issue is still very much alive. I am currently busy on a different piece of work which is keeping me away from Photoshop otherwise, I am sure I would be spitting blood by now.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps with no change in the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed via Twitter to get an Adobe tech guy who suggested the issue was with the graphics processor in CR. He suggested disabling it via the PS preferences. It was Edit - Preferences - file handling - CR Preps - Performance - uncheck "use graphics processor". That has fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks FWG99 (if that's your real name). That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unchecking "use graphics processor" was the very first fix I tried. It did not work. However, after reinstalling some of the Windows 10 updates, I tried this fix again and it has now worked for me. Unchecking "use graphics processor" does however have some knock on effects as there are some features of Photoshop that require the use of the graphics processor such as the Oil Paint filter, so it is more of a bodge than a fix really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am experiencing the very same issue in Bridge with Raw. Bridge "sees" that I have develop settings stored but does not "show" them. Or if I choose a raw file to open in Camera Raw and then do any adjustment at all, once I am finished and select "Done" it hangs up Bridge. Curiously, even if I simply open in Camera Raw and do absolutely nothing to the file and select "Done" it also hangs up.

This only begun to happen AFTER the Camera Raw update one back, in other words, the update prior to this most recent one.

Please note that I have done everything suggested in the Adobe site and forums to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines