• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo saying not authorized but it is

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping another post might get a response...

When trying to open a file I downloaded from NetGalley I get the below error message on my Kobo:

Oops! This document couldn't be opened.

This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again.

As far as I can tell, the ID is the same. Maybe I need some help with fixing my ID as I don't even know how to find it. Or what I would do to make sure the ID is the same on both.

I've had a similar problem before and cannot remember how I fixed it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please confirm the ADE version you used to activate KOBO? You can download the latest version of ADE from Download | Adobe Digital Editions.

If you have the latest version, please try the below steps:

1) Install ADE 4.0.3

2) Deactivate KOBO in the device

3) Mount KOBO in ADE

4) Activate KOBO using ADE

Hope now you can open the books successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, plus changing my password as suggested on Twitter DM. Nothing has helped. They suggested contacting NetGalley because the file may be corrupted. Does that happen often? I do not think that is the problem because it's been several files (from two accounts) that have not worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i have the same problem. Some books open some dont. Learning to dislike my kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am really exhausted with Kobo and ADE. I spent all my weekend trying the solutions given here. None worked!!!

I downloaded the ADE 3 and now am having a licence problem. Problems just follow problems.

Could you please work out this Authorised issue?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines