Copied

How can i download swatches

TOPICS
Colors , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Thanks for posting. Here's the answer to your question:

Creative Cloud Subscribers

The download function is no longer available.  But, you can still access your themes in all your Adobe apps.  If you are looking to access your themes in other apps, here's how:

Step 1: On the explore page (or theme page) click the "Edit Copy" icon.

Step 2: If you want to make any edits, you can do so on the next page that loads (the Color Wheel). Once you are done making changes, click the "Save" button.

Step 3: Give

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting. Here's the answer to your question:

Creative Cloud Subscribers

The download function is no longer available.  But, you can still access your themes in all your Adobe apps.  If you are looking to access your themes in other apps, here's how:

Step 1: On the explore page (or theme page) click the "Edit Copy" icon.

Step 2: If you want to make any edits, you can do so on the next page that loads (the Color Wheel). Once you are done making changes, click the "Save" button.

Step 3: Give your theme a name, and select the library you wish to save it in.

Now, the theme will show up in your Libraries in your apps.  In most apps, you can access Libraries by navigating to Window > Library.

Not a Creative Cloud Subscriber:

The download function is no longer available.  Creative Cloud Libraries is the mechanism Adobe is using to share assets across apps.  If you don't have a CC membership, it's doable, but not as easy.

Option 1: You will have to copy the RGB, HEX, etc.  and paste the values into the app you are using.

Option 2: If you have CS6 or earlier, you can use the "Kuler" panel to access "public" colors and use them in your app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i actually use the color themes once they are in a library, i have the library panel open and see the color themes but can do NOTHING with them. Cant use the eye dropper tool and cant add them to my swatches and thus can literally not even use them....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this an improvement? The whole point of using the explore function was to allow the use of other peoples palettes, now I have save into my own library, give it a unique name blah blah. Just slows everything down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zero likes. Odd. You'd think there'd be more since this change is such an outstanding idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such Bullsh!t.

This means no way to back up your themes. Just pray that the Adobe server never has an issue or you will lose everything.

Adobe, like Apple, is needlessly crippling apps and features for absolutely no reason than "this is how we want you to do it now, because we say so".

On my main Mac, I have CC, but I still have CS5 Illustrator on a PC and will NOT move it to CC since the Live Trace was "Improved". The "Improved" version removed many adjustment parameters I rely on DAILY as a designer at a screen print shop. It took a long time to learn the features, and was able to Live Trace client supplied line art to bet it ready for production. Now, in CC, most of those parameters are removed, trying to trace simple black & white line are is nowhere near as good as it was, but hey, at least now we professionals can do exactly what Adobe THOUGHT we wanted... the ability to trace/vectorize high resolution photographs into 500,000 multicolored vector paths!

And now, I cant save swatch files to use in that version of Illy because Adobe has decided to remove the Download button.

Pleas, for f#%ks sake, STOP removing features for no reason and ask the people who pay your bill what they want....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Adobe, but I have to agree with you on this one. Seems silly to take away the download feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a sort of work around on Mac/Safari using Illustrator. Don't use my PC for design, so not sure if there is a similar workaround

(I know you can "Print to PDF", just not sure if there is the Adobe PDF option as described in Step 2).

1) Go to the Color webpage, click on My Themes.

On the one you want, click Info.

When it opens the Info Page, click on the swatch again to go to a full page preview.

2) From there, (I'm using Safari, YMMV), get to the Print Dialog.

On the bottom left, click on the PDF drop-down menu and select Save as Adobe PDF.

NOT Save as PDF, but Save as ADOBE PDF. This gives you the option to then select your PDF Settings.

Personally, I went into Distiller and made a preset that uses no downsampling, no compression, and "Leave Color Unchanged" under Color Management Policies in the Color Tab.

When I opened the PDF in Illustrator to double-check, all the RGB/HEX values were the exactly the same as on the website.

3) So, open the PDF (or a copy of it) in Illustrator, then, with the Direct Selection Tool, select all the color "bars/paths", which are now vector objects, and in the Swatches Panel click New Color Group which will put them all in a folder. You can THEN save the swatches to a swatch file if you need to.

Note that I opened the PDF DIRECTLY. Sometimes in Illustrator, if you PLACE a file in an open document and don't Embed, the colors will be slightly off until you do Embed it.

It is absurd you have to do this because Adobe removed the Download Swatch button for no justifiable reason, but really, after you set up your Distiller Preset, it's only a few steps and takes about 15-20 seconds.

- Go to Full Page Preview on Color Website

- Save a PDF using Print > Save as Adobe PDF

- Open PDF in Illustrator, select color paths, Make New Color Group

- Save Swatches

It is NOT a replacement, but a workaround while we wait with out breath held to see if the feature will be returned.

And it IS faster than manually writing down all HEX/RGB values and manually making new swatches and inputting the color values individually.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new feature is beyond annoying. I create a swatch group in Adobe Color, GREAT! Go to InDesign, I can see it in my Libraries, GREAT!

Ohhh... but it's not so simple to use the swatch!!!! C'mon Adobe......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Unbound.

Can you tell me what's going on?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue Garibaldi wrote:

Hi Unbound.

Can you tell me what's going on?

Sue.

I am not Unbound, but since we have the staff here, PLEASE add back to button to download swatches. There was NO REASON to remove it. I, like some others, prefer to work on an offline computer. Or share my swatches with others. Or simply make a BACKUP of all my and other collected swatches. ALL of that is nearly impossible without some unnecessary, cumbersome workaround since the Download Swatch button was removed. Even if you have to have a CC account and be signed in to do it, FINE. Just PLEASE return this very useful feature.

And on another note, can you or someone else part of the Adobe staff PLEASE have a look at the thread I have linked below? I really need an answer from Adobe on this very important issue. Thanks. Sorry to butt in, UnboundPixel.

Need AI CS 5.1 License PLEASE - Live Trace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mykill,

I'm more than happy to drop a note to the Color team about the Swatch Download button.

I can't, however, help you with your Illustrator question (I know very little about that application). I will make sure that the Adobe Care team knows that it's sitting there though.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue Garibaldi wrote:

Mykill,

I can't, however, help you with your Illustrator question (I know very little about that application). I will make sure that the Adobe Care team knows that it's sitting there though.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do. It is a necessary part of my job to use that feature. I am willing to pay, but it is nearly impossible to find. So yes, PLEASE point a staffer to that thread. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mykill,

I've dropped them an email. It's very unlikely that anyone will get to it tonight but I'm sure you'll get a response tomorrow. I'm sorry it's taken so long.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UnboundPixel‌

Figured it out!

In Indesign CC,  open Window > Color > Adobe Color Themes. Your saved themes from Adobe Color CC appear, and there are "ACTIONS", and you can save directly to Swatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this works. Window > Extensions > Adobe Color Themes > "My Themes" Tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out my problem. In InDesign to add your swatches from CC Libraries to your swatches panel you have to have an object or text selected and then just select each color you want from the palette in the CC Libraries pan

Here's a work around for downloading the swatch palette: Once you get them in your swatch panel, select all the swatches you want to save and then click the drop down menu and select "Save Swatches..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Unbound.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I did!

Select the color scheme you like and save it in your Kuler profile. Remember the name.

In illustrator CS6 go to windows>Kuler and type in the name; it will show.

Select and add to swatches panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5 (illustrator). Can you explain to me how I can get swatches saved from Kuler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Holly,

As Dave mentioned above, Libraries are the only way to share assets across apps. If you don't us CC versions of the apps, it's doable, but not as easy:

Option 1: Copy the RGB, HEX codes and paste the values into the app.

Option 2: If you have CS6 or earlier, you can use the Kuler panel in your desktop app to access "public" colors and use them in your app (so you'd have to save your Color Themes as "public").

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate you Adobe! bring back download option!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very confused about "Adobe Color" and now "Adobe Capture" on my mobile device?  I had them both and I was STUPID enough to say yes when the app launched and told me the "newer, better" Adobe Capture was here to replace Color.  Now I cannot find community color swatches, the color creator or pretty much anything that was part of Kuler and Adobe Color.  Has all that been done away with???  All this app  seems to do is let me point my phone at something and tell me what colors are on the screen, is that all there is to it now?  Help please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LoganCreative,

I just responded to your question on your other post: Adobe Color vs. Adobe Capture?????

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Download function is essential.

What I have to do in Adobe Muse if I want to add CC colour theme libraries to my swatches palette, is open up CC Libraries, select each colour swatch (ONE BY ONE! - It doesn't even let you select multiple swatches, which would fix the whole issue!) and then click 'new swatch'!

Its an incredibly tedious process and I cannot understand at all why Adobe hasn't realised this.

They will argue; Why do you need to add swatches to your swatch palette, if we provide you with a 'live' CC Colour library?

1. If using Illustrator or Indesign, what if I need to output my whole swatch library for a client or Print shop, but want to include multiple CC Library colours that I might not have imported into the swatch palette.

2. In Muse, certain 3rd party Widgets have colour changing functionality - what happens if I want to change the colour of an element to a swatch I have stored in my CC Library, but your set-up will not allow me to select CC Colours from the Widget's menu - only in-app swatch colours?

3. In ALL apps, what happens if I want to make global changes to colours, on any element, using colours from my CC Libraries, but your software won't allow that because global colour changes can only happen from the swatches panel?

(There are other scenarios, but those are just three glaring reasons why it is seriously frustrating the CC Libraries cannot be easily imported into the swatches panel of any application).

Two very simple ways to fix this - either have the option to multiple select swatches in the CC Library and then click 'add to swatches' - at the moment you can only click individual swatches. The second fix would be simply to have a 'add all used swatches to colour swatch panel' function - rather like the 'delete all unused swatches' option that you currently have. It seems really backward, that colours that are natively created inside software, automatically add themselves to the swatch palette, yet if I use a colour from my CC Libraries, that colour is not automatically added to the swatch panel - WHY!?!?!?!?

PLEASE FIX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines