• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 standalone blank installation window

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I already have the CS5.5, I bought the download version of lightroom 6 for my MacBook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.6 instead of a CC subscription.

After spending a day trying to get the actual installer to run (and yes I went through the forums, un-installed an old trial version of CC), I finally got the installer to start up.  The new issue is that the windows are mostly blank.  By that I meant there are some dashes where there should be text and buttons with no text.  WTF?  I can't seem to find anyone who has had a similar issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't need to uninstall the CC version. LR 6 and CC is the Exact same program, same download and same file get installed on your hard drive. The difference comes from how you sign in.

As to your current problem is sounds like you have some type of computer problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there's a computer problem, it's something that is escaping me.  I've been using Macs since 1986 and I'm pretty good at trouble shooting.  I didn't have lightroom CC.  I had an older trial version of CC with photoshop.  I bought the creative suite (minus lightroom) at an education discount but stayed with Aperture until it was no longer supported.  I have been using the native Mac photo program, but I really needed something better so I bought the stand alone Lightroom 6.  After cleaning up the older CS programs, un-installing the old trial CC (without Lightroom), running some diagnostics, etc.  I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one that has ever had this problem of the blank installation window.  Thanks for your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danielj24737133​,

Were you able to resolve this issue? If not, perhaps posting a screenshot of what you're seeing and your System Information would help users and staff narrow down the cause.

Please use the reply box's picture icon to attach a screenshot.

To find your System Info, please open Lightroom, select Help, select System Information and then copy and paste that info here.

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 2.05.32 PM.png

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  Unfortunately I'm now back to not being able to get the installer to run at all.  I'm going to uninstall all the stand alone CS programs, run the cleaner, redo disk utility, etc.  I'll try to run the installer for lightroom before I reinstall the CS.  If there's still an issue, I will let you know.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it by saving my files to an external disk and wiping the hard drive.  What a pain in the backside but no more problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines