Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw files and canon 6D mark II

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have recently purchased the canon 6D mark II but now find that I cannot preview the image files when trying to open in PScc, instead all I can see is the windows Raw icon . I have uploaded the camera raw file to 9.12 which is supposed to support the new canon model but this hasn't made any difference (Lightroom appears to be working fine). I note that others have had similar problems with PSE and earlier versions of PS and the suggested fix appears to be to convert the files to DNG. I really dont want to do this every time I add new images to PS. Have I missed something or are we still waiting for an upgrade from Adobe or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 6D Mark II was first supported by 9.12.

Sounds like you have not installed the Camera Raw 9.12 update correctly.

In Photoshop, click Help > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw to confirm which version you've got installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, already checked the camera raw version that photoshop is using and it appears to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've definitely got 9.12 installed and you've definitely confirmed that via Help > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw, can you actually open 6D Mark II Raw files in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John

Yes, Photoshop will actually open a file. The problem is that I cannot see which image it is that I am opening. So, in photoshop I go file, open and then navigate to the file that contains the photos that I want to edit. All the images are listed in the folder but when I change the view to medium-sized or large icons to display thumbnails of the images I just get the raw icon (blue mountain inside a blue frame). For images taken with older cameras there is no problem seeing the image thumbnails.

Cheers

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines