• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print text?

Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS 6  I am unable to print text or even add text to an image.  I click on the image to start writing and get the following warning

"Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being initialized."

Does anybody have an idea what has happened here?   I have de-installed and reinstalled problem still there.

Roger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

HOORAY!

Solved the problem. I did a search on the PS Elements forum and found an Adobe staff reply to the same problem on PSE.

Go to C:\Users\ name\appdata\local\adobe\typesupport\CS6   and changed this to CS6-old.

Now it works correctly and the text engine is as it should be.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

1. close your photoshop and reopen

2. restart your pc

Thanks

Regards

vicky Nischal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try the following two steps:

1. Reset Photoshop Preferences

Close Photoshop

Press and Hold Alt+Ctrl+Shift (windows ) or Opt+Cmd+Shift(Mac) whilst opening Photoshop. The timing of this is a little tricky but if you get it right you will see a prompt to delete current settings. Accept that and new preferences will be created.

If that does not resolve the issue:

2. Uninstall Photoshop and run the cleaner tool before re-installing.

Deactivate Photoshop

Uninstall Photoshop

Run the CC Cleaner tool (it works for CS6 also)

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Re-install Photoshop

Reactivate Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies, tried all the possible steps but no luck so far.

De-installed, ran the CC Cleaner tool, reinstalled CS6 and still getting the same problem as I reported in my original post.

No layers are involved at all in this, I select the Text tool, click on the image involved, even a blank layer, and get the same message.

I'll run through the CC Cleaner routine again in desperation!

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOORAY!

Solved the problem. I did a search on the PS Elements forum and found an Adobe staff reply to the same problem on PSE.

Go to C:\Users\ name\appdata\local\adobe\typesupport\CS6   and changed this to CS6-old.

Now it works correctly and the text engine is as it should be.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Roger.

Going to "C:\Users\name\appdata\local\adobe\typesupport\CS6"   and changing da name of the folder CS6 to CS6-old, did the trick. It created a new folder with that name CS6-Old for me but it works.

Domingos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Text tool and then start typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had a similar problem before. Make sure what you have on your text is final before printing. And then rasterize that text layer.

Then merge all of your layers together if possible, and start printing. That shouldn't give you any errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're going to merge your Layers always keep a copy of the layered document so you can return to it and make further changes if you need to. Once it's merged that's it, and it's surprising how often you need to make more alterations to your documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines