• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Error: Internal error encountered, failed to generate printed documentation

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2008 Nov 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting to build Printed Documentation...
Printed Documentation processor 7.00.145

Building C:\<snip>\User_Help.doc ...

Preparing to create Printed Documentation...
Clearing output folder...
Preparing files for Print Document...
Copying files...
Updating files...
Finished preparing in 1 second.
Preparing environment...
Printed Document Generator Environment: Word 11.0.8227, OS 5.1.2600, RAM 1536 M Bytes
Building Printed Documentation 'User Help'...
Building Single Document 'User_Help.doc'...
Building 'Title Page'...
Building 'Table Of Contents'...
Preparing to build chapters...
Building 'Chapter 1: Getting Started'...
Processing 'What's New?'...
Processing 'Web View Guide'...
Processing 'Frequently Asked Questions'...
Building 'Chapter 2: Account Setup and Management'...
Processing 'My Settings'...
Processing 'My Contacts'...
Processing 'Groups'...
Processing 'Roles'...
Processing 'Edit Roles'...
Completed building chapters...
Building 'Index'...
Updating list paragraphs...
Updating images...
Updating page numbers...
Updating page headers...
Updating Table of Contents...
Updating Index...
Saving 'User_Help.doc'...
Generating 'User_Help.pdf'...
Failed the generate PDF file 'C:\<snip>\User_Help.pdf'...
Failed to save 'User_Help.doc'...
Cleaning up temporary files...

Internal error encountered, Failed to generate Printed Documentation.

Windows XP, Word 2003, Adobe Acrobat 8, RoboHelp 7 ... suggestions?

-Word isn't open while I create the printed documentation.
-I don't have any odd anti-virus software enabled.
-Acrobat isn't blocked/disabled in word (nothing is).
-I can create printed documentation in .doc format.
-I can create PDFs in MS Word.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008
To fix this problme, you shall have to re-register the Acrobat 8's PDFOfficeAddin.dll. Here are the stesp from one of the kb articles on Adobe.com

Solution: Manually register the COM add-in file.
Disclaimer: This procedure involves editing the Windows registry. Adobe doesn't provide support for editing the registry, which contains critical system and application information. Make sure to back up the registry before editing it. For more information about the registry, see the Windows documenta...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem and a patch is required for Acrobat. Trouble is we don't know when and if they are going to patch it.

It doesn't affect everyone but it is affecting a lot of people, me included.

Pending such a patch, you have to create the Word document from RH and the PDF from Word.

Please log this bug as the more people who do, the more likely someone is to fix it.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix this problme, you shall have to re-register the Acrobat 8's PDFOfficeAddin.dll. Here are the stesp from one of the kb articles on Adobe.com

Solution: Manually register the COM add-in file.
Disclaimer: This procedure involves editing the Windows registry. Adobe doesn't provide support for editing the registry, which contains critical system and application information. Make sure to back up the registry before editing it. For more information about the registry, see the Windows documentation or contact Microsoft.

1. Close all Office 2007 applications.
2. In Windows Explorer, locate PDFMOfficeAddin.dll and note its exact path, which may include spaces. Its default path is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\PDFMaker\Office\PDFMOfficeAddin.dll.
3. Do one of the following:
o On Windows XP: Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
o On Windows Vista: Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories. Right-click on Command Prompt, choose Run As Administrator, and authenticate.
4. In the Command Prompt window, type regsvr32 followed by a space and the path that you noted in Step 1. Enclose the path in quotation marks. For example, if PDFMOfficeAddin.dll is in its default location, then you would type the following command:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\PDFMaker\Office\PDFMOfficeAddin.dll"
5. Press Enter.
6. A dialog box will confirm that the registration was successful. Click OK to close this dialog box.
7. Close the Command Prompt window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post whether or not that works for you. Note you may have to vary the path to the DLL depending on where that DLL is on your set up. Search for PDFMOfficeAddin.dll.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My own findings are that it is best to reboot the PC first if you are still in a session where RH failed to generate a PDF.

I followed the instructions in such a session and there was no change. When I followed them again after a reboot, they worked. Under Vista at least you must use the CMD prompt, not the Run option on the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Re-registering the dll worked, and I didn't need to restart my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp