• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements, locked out due to additional installations

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening my (old) copy of Premiere Elements, purchased around 2010/2011 (which completely suits my needs), I'm told it can't be used as it is installed on too many computers.... (two others)... I need to deactivate the other installations, in order to open my copy.

I need help with either a) Getting hold of the two other computers, which I'd presume now are mine, since my software is apparently installed on them, or,

b), someone from Adobe unlocking my installation key, as I have it installed on one computer only.

Adobe chat helpdesk are completely unable to support with such an issue.

Registration key is available for the copies of Premiere and Photoshop purchased together, and outlet can be named. Most probably, a receipt can also be produced from the online/physical store where the Products were purchased.

A bit annoyed by the fact that this is something caused by Adobe, and not by me, and it seems to take forever to solve.

Any suggestions? I guess this need to be solved from Adobe...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe support is able to help with that issue if you ask for an activation count reset and nothing else.  using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

you can also reset yourself if you purchased from or registered with adobe.com and are use the same adobe id used to purchase/register, https://accounts.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olles53564669 I am sorry that you are facing difficulty activating Premiere Elements 8.  Can you please post a screen shot of the current error you are experiencing?  You can find complete details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought the issue was solved by the first suggestion, contacting support to reset activation count. The helpful individual probably did so, and told me to reinstall afterwards. After reinstallation, I'm getting the same problem.

Of course, screen shot in Swedish, but you may get the picture. 'Sorry for the interruption, but... Our records show this serial no already have been used to install and activare Premiere Elements 8.0 on two other computers, which is the highest allowed number.'

When choosing option one, after the activation count reset, it says no contact with Adobe. (I have inactivated, and am ready to allow Adobe to validate)

When choosing option two, filling in the same serial no, it doesn't allow to go through (ok button deactivated). (I have another s/n)

Installation has taken place from disc, but latest support tech, told to download and install directly from Adobe/downloads.

Unfortunately, Premiere Elements 8, is missing the file 2 of 2 for the language version I want (not need, necessarily). The alternative is to use the English version, but that is only available in 32 bit version...

I don't see that I have an issue with firewalls or similar, as the s/n was locked after reinstallation = some kind of connection must have taken place with Adobe.

Techs on the support alternate between 'we don't support', 'buy an upgrade', 'of course we'll help you', go to the forum.

I had nothing to do with the lock of the product to begin with, which makes it even more annoying.

Interested in anything that could help, but not the 'buy an upgrade' "solution". I don't do anything fancy with the product, hence no interest in spending money on more advanced versions.

elements2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact support again and request another activation count reset.

while you're in chat, after the reset, start your installation with your disc.  (there are sometimes disc installation problems, but you're not having any of those so there's no need to use the adobe files.)

confirm the problem is solved before disconnecting from chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me again...

Unfortunately, lost the agent due to restart after installation...

According to the agent, I should turn off firewall and anti virus, reinstall and test.

Did so, (turned off window firewall, McAffee firewall, router firewall, and anti-virus), still with same reaction (or lack there of).

Read somewhere to flush DNS cache, which was done as well.

As far as I know, I don't have a proxy server. (Home network)

When connecting directly to the incoming line, my computer can't access internet. All attempts have been done whilst connected to the router by wire.

My guess is that there's a setting in my router, which is different on the computer.

I'm starting to think this is related to how my computer is communicating with Adobe systems. Could Adobe have changed something, from when my discs were produced, to today? (Changed adresses or so?)

The agent claims count reset is all OK, which I will have to trust.

Every other agent I contact has the easy solution of buying an upgrade, but none of them is willing to give me the money for it.

Starting to loose it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're seeing an excess activation count that has nothing to do with your internet connection, firewall or av.  because you're so focused on those other things, can you copy and paste the error message or translate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. The error is pasted earlier in the thread, translation as follows:

'Sorry about the interruption, but...

Our records show this serial number have been used to install and activate Premiere Elements 8.0 on two other computers, which is the allowed number.'

Red:'You need to correct the problem before you continue to use the product'

First choice: 'I have already deactivated this serialnumber on one of my other computers, and am ready to allow Adobe to validate. (internet access required)'

Second choice: 'I have another serialnumber for the product, and am ready to submit and activate the product right now. (internet access required)'

Right now, if I choose the first option, I'm getting an error (pasted here), saying:

'Can't connect...

It wasn't possible to connect to Adobe. This can be because of no active Internet connection, or that you're currently using a firewall or proxy server.'

Error2.PNG

As the product stopped working all of a sudden (not using it regularly), something must have changed, causing it not to work. I don't see this having happened at my end.

To me, it doesn't seem like my installation is getting a connection to Adobe, for activation.

On the other hand, this is why I'm asking in the forum, rather than answering...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers.

for help with that and other common secure adobe.com connection problems read, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly getting closer to the problem.

Testing connection to servers - expected response (icon)

Testing link CS6 gave correct response 'pong'

Testing link CS5, gave response 'active', not exactly what's stated in the, but indicated connection.

Limited access repair tool did not work. Downloaded, unpacked, ran as admin. Closed with dialog as attached.

(Limited Access Repair tool has stopped working. A problem caused the program to function correctly. The program is closed and you'll be notified if there is a solution to the problem.)

Opened host file to reset manually, nothing 'Adobe' in the file.

limited.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could try a different internet connection otherwise i don't think it's worth spending more time on this.  it's probably cheaper to buy a new version, Adobe products: desktop, web and mobile applications | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the quick version now, with new connection, and the option 'I've cancelled one of the old installations, and am ready for Adobe to validate.'

Didn't work.

I fully understand if you don't want to spend more time on this, but I don't see buying a new copy is cheaper, as it is for my home computer, and only my time being spent

Anyway, won't be Adobe then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what's causing the problem.  i can't even determine if you have a connection problem or you don't have a connection problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olles53564669 I am sorry that you are facing difficulties with the activation process for Premiere Elements 8.  You mentioned you spoke with a member of our support team.  Do you have a case number from your interaction that I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the 0189284148 is the latest one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you for the information Olles53564669.  I will update this discussion once I have additional information on how to activate Premiere Elements 8.  My apologies that you are currently unable to activate Premiere Elements 8 successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olles53564669 my apologies for the delay but I am continuing to investigate why you are receiving this error.  Can you please download and run the CC Log Collector tool available at Log Collector Tool to collect the installation and activation logs from your computer.  Once done can you please send the log files to my e-mail address at jwright@adobe.com.

Please update this discussion if you face any difficulties with use of the CC Log Collector tool Olles53564669.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Olles53564669 my apologies for the continued delay.  We are continuing to investigate why Premiere Elements 8 is providing you this activation error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines