Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF and Captivate

Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate v5.5

Situation: I have a colleague who has a series of PDF documents that their people are required to read in order to inform / raise awareness. Now they want to use Captivate to test their knowledge after having read the various PDFs and our LMS  and to record their participation activity.

They want each individual page of the PDF documents to be on individual captivate slides - so creating a multi slide project per PDF document.

If the training material was in PowerPoint I know it is simple to import PPT into Captivate - but we are talking PDF!

The only way I can see their objective being met is to copy / paste each page of the PDF document onto individual Captivate slides and creating a test at the end of the project.

I know Captivate is not designed to import PDF but just thought I would reach out to the community in case anyone has a smart solution or suggestion.

I hope I have explained the situation clearly and look forward to any replies.

NEL

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Hi Noel

Yeah, I'm not aware of any other way to do it. Either screen capture pages of the PDF and insert as images or copy the text and paste into containers (Text Captions or Smart Shapes).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

Yeah, I'm not aware of any other way to do it. Either screen capture pages of the PDF and insert as images or copy the text and paste into containers (Text Captions or Smart Shapes).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party...

The PDF can be saved as to image files, PNG or JPG from Adobe Acrobat Pro.

(This also works for images in Word, or PPT can be exported to images too!)

(I'd recommend you try exporting a page or two as a test, play with screen resolution in the PDF and save as. In Cp the resolution will allow display of the full page without loss of resolution.)

These files can be imported, or dragged, to the Cp library of an existing project.

I don't believe that there is a magical way to create a slide for each image in the library, but I could use one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I would really appreciate it if I can see a pdf page converted as an image. It is important to know how good or bad the resolution is before I buy the pro version of Adobe Reader.

thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, why do you not post this in the Acrobat or Adobe Reader forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II found the answer to my question here. I mean they discussed above the idea of converting pdf pages into images so i assumed that they could answer my question. that's all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also posted in the reader forum but no one answered me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted the same question on several places.

Taking a screen capture to convert a pdf to an image will certainly not result in the best quality, especially if you talk about a pdf that has a lot of text, which needs a very good resolution. If at least you told for which purpose you'll need an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Acrobat DC to have the best quality, which would be to TIFF:

PDFtoImage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply.

I need to convert 600 pdf pages into images to use each page/image as a slide in a responsive Captivate project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responsive?  Then you need to remember that an image is NOT of itself responsive.  It's going to remain a fixed size.

You need to do some testing before you go too far with this idea and attempt converting 600 pdfs into images.  I don't think you're going to be happy with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally agree with you but some specific Arabic script, as well as tables, are very difficult to be created in Captivate. If there is a way to write the content I need directly in Captivate that would be better. The other issue is that I have already created all my tables in Microsoft Excel. I also created a PDF file from the excel hoping I could import them in Captivate as both are Adobe. However, this was not the case, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources