• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

correcting iPhone panoramas in photoshop

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started shooting panoramas on my iPhone 7 and I am looking for advice on correcting the curvature of lines that should be straight. Part of the problem is that the "adaptive wide angle" filter doesn't seem to recognize an iPhone panorama as a true panorama (like a stitched together panorama). I have had some success using puppet warp but that is imprecise and time consuming.

What is the best way to re-straighten those curved lines?

Thanks

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post an example panorama let us see what your dealing with. Which of the Iphone 7 three cameras did you use.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using the "pano" setting on the iPhone 7. Here is a sample pan below. I would like to straighten the roadway and especially the border at the front of the driveway which should be straight. I have had samplepan.jpgsome success using puppet warp but I still have hopes for adaptive wide angle. The problem is that adaptive wide angle does not recognize this photo as a panorama (I think).

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is power lines sag so the curve is not wrong IMO. However, thay are it very distracting in this  image I would use an other approach.

samplepan.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for painting out the power line. The question remains - how do I straighten out a diagonal line which appears curved in an iPhone panorama?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try warping the image some. I'm sure if you search the web you will find information on the subject of adjusting perspective in stitched panoramas

samplepanwarp.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?num=50&newwindow=1&q=Fixing+the+look+of+stitched+panorama&spell=1&sa=X...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, JJ

Yes I know about warping. I am wondering why you wanted to get involved with this in the first place. To be specific - where is the interface between an iPhone panorama with curvature and "adaptive wide angle?" Thanks

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you watch the video

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a perfectly normal panorama to me. Horizontal lines become curved. If I had to, I would use Transform > Warp also:

but if there were, say, a car or person on the extreme right side, they would be distorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I like warp better then adaptive wide angle in this case.

Capture.jpg

samplepanwarp.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines