• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects shifting around when switching pages.

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made my master page for my adobe muse site. The master page includes the NavBar, Background, and copyright footer.

I have saved my website and then previewed it in chrome. The Home page looks like it should but once I switch to the next page,

all of the objects on the NavBar move inwards. And I'm not quite sure how to fix it. Could someone provide some help?

Some screenshots of it are listed below.

e5c9k.png

vikxf.png

The top image is how it should look. The bottom image is when I switch pages.

I'm sure the fix is very simple. And i'm just an idiot. But could someone please

provide me with an answer?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

As I said: It is quite easy to fix, but the problem is: I don’t know, what you exactly want to achieve.

Here the different issues:

• You site is fluid width, your master page has a fixed fixed breakpoint at 1280 px, and this breakpoint has a minimal width of 1080 px. Why not, for example,  1480 px (fluid), 1280 px (fluid), 1080 px (fluid) 320 px (minimal width)?
  • Your layout page „home“ has only one breakpoint at 1280 px, which is fixed width. Quite inconsistent, isn’t it? Why different breakpoints on

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think too, that there is an easy fix! But as there ar many reasons for this, just give us the .muse file, containing nothing but the elements shown on your screenshots. Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://mega.nz/#!1XJSAAiJ!nc0XbVjBIc95Pno44gTcS_Ekm6QvozAUTGKhlsoQqf4

There is a download link to the muse file. It is 5MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: It is quite easy to fix, but the problem is: I don’t know, what you exactly want to achieve.

Here the different issues:

• You site is fluid width, your master page has a fixed fixed breakpoint at 1280 px, and this breakpoint has a minimal width of 1080 px. Why not, for example,  1480 px (fluid), 1280 px (fluid), 1080 px (fluid) 320 px (minimal width)?
  • Your layout page „home“ has only one breakpoint at 1280 px, which is fixed width. Quite inconsistent, isn’t it? Why different breakpoints on master and layout, why mixing fixed width and fluid width, why this big minimal page width?
  • The pinning of your menu is inconsistent: It is pinned responsive (not to browser) to the left (not to the right).

Do the following:

• On your master page change the breakpoint at 1280 px from „Fixed Width“ to „Fluid Width“.
  • Use right browser pinning for your menu:

Screen.jpg

• Transfer the master page breakpoints to your layout page by clicking the small arrows over the breakpoint bar:

Masterpage-breakpoints.jpg

Now you should be done.

Here you find your corrected file, but attention: This file is saved in Muse 2017.1, which you don’t use at the moment. So you can’t open this file with you version of Muse: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxt5gex6l9nsvrn/exodus.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. That seemed to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines