• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD - Unable to Install

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this has been bugging me. I'm currently taking a visual design class that requires a wireframing program. I wanted to use Adobe XD for the assignments, as I can't afford to pay for other wireframing software like UXPin, Balsamiq, etc. Since I'm already paying for an Adobe CC subscription, I might as well take advantage of it.

I went to my Adobe CC app and it's telling me that my laptop is not compatible because it said that it requires the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. My current Windows 10 version is the latest one (Creators Update), and it looks like in order for me to use Adobe XD is that I have to downgrade my Windows 10 version?! (even though the website says that it needs the Anniversary update OR LATER...)

Here's the current version of my Windows 10 screenshot https://i.imgur.com/8bXCHoa.png

Please look into this and help me out? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. However, when I read the thread, the "change date" portion already has "M/d/yyyy" set. I followed the rest of the instructions and it still would not let me download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you add a comment over there, so they know there are still combinations that don't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrianne,

Can you please share the "hardwareConfig.json" file located in the below location at photosup@adobe.com

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\ACC

PS: Appdata is a hidden folder, you can access it from the run window or by making sure that the hidden folders are being displayed.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please let me know what you figure out here as I've been asked to install adobe XD on my computer by my boss by friday, and I currently have windows 7, so I need to know exactly which operating system to install on my computer please. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, if we HAVE to download the windows 10 anniversary edition as the ONLY option to get XD, can you please provide a direct link to the purchase and download of this operating system, I cannot find a place to download this specific version anywhere. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the requirements page:

Adobe Experience Design System requirements

I am able to run XD in Windows 10 Creators Edition, so I think the anniversary edition is the minimum version, not the only version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Please refer to the below Microsoft article.

The Windows 10 free upgrade through the Get Windows 10 (GWX) app ended on July 29, 2016.

Windows 10 will continue to be available for purchase, either on a device or as a full version of the software.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

{"directXVersion":"12","displays":[{"gpuDirectXVersion":"12","gpuDriverDate":"9/28/2016","gpuDriverVersion":"20.19.15.4531","gpuModelName":"Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500","heightInPixels":"2160","vRAMInMB":"4095","widthInPixels":"3840"},{"gpuDirectXVersion":"12","gpuDriverDate":"8/5/2015","gpuDriverVersion":"15.201.1101.0","gpuModelName":"AMD Radeon R7 M270","heightInPixels":"0","vRAMInMB":"4095","widthInPixels":"0"}],"dpiRatio":"2.5","os":{"architecture":"64","buildNumber":"7600","name":"Windows 10","type":"win","version":"10.0.0"},"processor":{"frequencyInGHz":"2.401","name":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz","numberOfCores":"2"},"ramInGB":"16","volumes":[{"freeSpaceInGB":"6","isPrimary":"true","name":"C:\\"},{"freeSpaceInGB":"211","isPrimary":"false","name":"G:\\"},{"freeSpaceInGB":"0","isPrimary":"false","name":"H:\\"}]}

These are the contents to my hardwareConfig.json file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like some data was not copied correctly. Can you please open the file with notepad and paste the content again here.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the file using Sublime Text and what I posted from my previous post is the exact content in that file.

I reopened the file using Notepad and the contents are still the same as the previous.

{"directXVersion":"12","displays":[{"gpuDirectXVersion":"12","gpuDriverDate":"9/28/2016","gpuDriverVersion":"20.19.15.4531",

"gpuModelName":"Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500","heightInPixels":"2160","vRAMInMB":"4095","widthInPixels":"3840"},

{"gpuDirectXVersion":"12","gpuDriverDate":"8/5/2015","gpuDriverVersion":"15.201.1101.0","gpuModelName":"AMD Radeon R7 M270",

"heightInPixels":"0","vRAMInMB":"4095","widthInPixels":"0"}],"dpiRatio":"2.5","os":{"architecture":"64","buildNumber":"7600","name"

:"Windows 10","type":"win","version":"10.0.0"},"processor":{"frequencyInGHz":"2.401","name":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz",

"numberOfCores":"2"},"ramInGB":"16","volumes":[{"freeSpaceInGB":"6","isPrimary":"true","name":"C:\\"},{"freeSpaceInGB":"211","isPrimary":

"false","name":"G:\\"},{"freeSpaceInGB":"0","isPrimary":"false","name":"H:\\"}]}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need. This thread was referring to the open beta version of Adobe XD. The official release has been long out already and I also had my laptop reformatted. The app is working perfectly for me today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines