Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Analog glitch effect, how to do it?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone !
I have a big question lurking in my head, during my last vacation my Minox 35-el took the rain and broke, developing the film stuck inside that's what I discovered. It's been a while since I was looking for beautiful glitches to make on photoshop and there I fell by chance on glitch which I like very much. I like their "organization" in bands and curves of a spectrum of color rather nice, and sometimes a somewhat burnt out + indigo / green / turquoise / black spots and burns.

I would like to know how you would proceed to have the same rendering on photoshop, from scratch. Maybe without importing texture.

Thank you in advance !

170612280001.jpg

170612280007.jpg

170612280013.jpg

170612280017.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

You can always try alternate color modes like Lab and CMYK and process individual channels with threshold oiperations/ adjustments, noise and directional blur effects. Conversely, splicing up channels and creating new combinations using channel calculations and blending modes can create all sorts of unique looks. It will just take some experimentation to find the right recipe.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always try alternate color modes like Lab and CMYK and process individual channels with threshold oiperations/ adjustments, noise and directional blur effects. Conversely, splicing up channels and creating new combinations using channel calculations and blending modes can create all sorts of unique looks. It will just take some experimentation to find the right recipe.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you very much Mylenium, i'm gonna try this very quick !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think a combination of a Noise Gradient and Pattern Layers with some painting might also achieve comparable effects.

simulateAnalogeFilmDamageScr.jpg

Edit:

simulateAnalogeFilmDamage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines