• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.ARW files in Lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC does not seem to read .ARW files from the Sony R10 mark 3.  Solutions?  Using the Lightroom CC do I automatically have the latest LR version or must I take steps to upgrade?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

The Sony RX10 III requires LR CC 2015.5.1 / 6.5.1 or later: Cameras supported by Camera Raw .  To check your version, do Help > System Info.  If you don't have the latest version (2015.8), do Help > Updates.  If that doesn't update your LR (sometimes it doesn't), see here: Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony RX10 III requires LR CC 2015.5.1 / 6.5.1 or later: Cameras supported by Camera Raw .  To check your version, do Help > System Info.  If you don't have the latest version (2015.8), do Help > Updates.  If that doesn't update your LR (sometimes it doesn't), see here: Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had similar issues but fixes do not seem to work. Could it be because I am using a trial version? I was initially told that LR could handle RAW files. Then I found out that Sony RX10iii ARW files were different to normal RAW files, but according to Adobe website the most recent versions were compatible from version 6.5.1. I downloaded the trial LR CC version. The version of LR CC I have is 2015 version 6.3. It wouldn't read or import the ARW files. So I read that if you update LR it should work, but when I try to do this it says "update failed. Unable to extract files from server". Is this because it is a trial version?

In parallel, I read that Adobe DNG converter can take the Sony ARW files and convert them to DNG. I went onto the Adobe website and checked that the camera was compatible with the converter, which it said it was. I downloaded it, but again, it won't even detect the ARW files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with you having a trial version.

You need LR 6.5.1 or later. You can download from Download Photoshop Lightroom

The DNG converter works on entire folders, not individual photos. You select the folder (not the photo) and it should work. If it doesn't work, please provide specific details about what version you have and exactly what you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks for the prompt reply. I downloaded LR CC free trial so assumed it was the latest version. Do you mean that I have to purchase the latest LR version before I can experiment with it?

With the DNG converter, thanks, that was the issue - I had double clicked on the folder instead of single clicking. They seem to be converting now and I can see them in LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not mean "purchase" and I did not say "purchase".

If you are using the free trial, you can update it to the latest version using the link I gave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with ARW files since uploading the latest LR CC 8.1 release; updated last week. Up until i upgraded LR, ARW files converted just fine but now will not ... where do i look for that problem/solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first step, please copy here the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info, so we can see the precise version of LR you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, here are the first ten lines:

Lightroom Classic version: 8.0 [ 1193777 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-US

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13.6 [17G65]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.5 GHz

Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so you have LR Classic 8.0, which is the latest desktop version (Adobe's naming is confusing).  When you say "ARW files converted just fine but now will not", can you give more details about what commands you are doing and what you see as a result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... before i updated to the latest version (8.0) i imported the ARW files and had the "Copy as DNG" highlighted. I just returned from a road trip and imported some 1200 files and then all imported as .dng files just fine. Then a few days ago i upgraded and today imported a 100 or so ARW files as i am testing a new Sony lens (24-105mm) and that's when i noticed the files did not import as .dng. So then i tried using the Adobe Converter and that didn't work either. Now, as i write you, i'm wondering if i shouldn't just throw out the files and begin the import process again ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, i've created a new empty folder and am reimporting as i write. I've noticed that i have a tendency to begin working on a file after it is imported but before it is converted and wonder if that stops the conversion process. So am off to dinner as the computer continues to import and then i'll return to see if it has converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all went well when i just left the files alone: converted the ARW to .dng files when imported into LR. Thanks for your help John and have a pleasant week.

-taiyo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved.  I wouldn't have guessed that editing a photo would have stopped the DNG conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines